Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My ATOS medical

My ATOS medical

I had 1.5 hours sleep worrying about it :( I have to say though that it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. The doctor was a lovely lady. Asked lots of questions and when she asked about if I could go out on my own I said occasionally I can and she said "Well I think we had better say you can't as with anxiety you won't know from day to day how you will be and won't be able to plan things." My step daughter told her that some days I can't even make it down the stairs. If anything I felt that she was prompting me to say things that would give me more points. She also said that she was hopeful that the letters I had taken from my GP and Psychologist would help in my case. She apologised that it is not her who makes the final decision. She then did some tests to see if I could lift my arms up, move my head touch my toes etc. She said I didn't move my left foot very well (the one I fractured) so would put that down. I was so anxious while I was in there that I sat and cried through most of it. I also had a dizzy spell when she asked me to stand up and she noticed I was going dizzy. She said it may be 8 weeks before I hear anything. I am pleased it is over with. I have a sickness review at work at 1:10 so my anxious day isn't over with yet :(

Re: My ATOS medical

Hi Annie

Glad that the Atos Medical is over and done with for you now...and you'll be fine at the meeting today..you can do it!
    Sending you lots of
    Carmel x

I'm shocked that you had a decent understanding person, but good for you and well done for getting through it!

This afternoon has got to be easier than this morning so hold onto that thought, good luck and let us know how you got on

Thank you Carmel I am dreading the sickness review. It is to discuss phased return and I want to get back but don't know if I can do it. I will never know though if I don't try.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

I hope yours goes well this afternoon Dazza. The doctor I had seemed very understanding of anxiety and was actually telling me how I bad she knows i will be feeling.

Hi Annie, glad you had a doctor who sounds pretty understanding and trying to do what is best for you. Hoping your sickness review goes well

Back from my sickness review and couldn't be happier...I have a new line manager. They are changing the structure of things and my new line manager is someone I really like and find it easy to get on with . I plan to go back on 11th Feb just for 1.5 hours a day then gradually increase my hours over a month.

Well done Annie. So glad all went well for you and you had a nice doctor.
    One step at a time Annie xx

Thank you Magic X

Ah really happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by CarmR View Post
    Ah really happy for you!
    Thank you Carmel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information