Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My ATOS medical

Re: My ATOS medical

Thanks AuntieMoosie.

Annie, dont want to hijack your thread here, but just wanted to mention, and to show the difference in assessors and how they work. At my assessment, it was quite rushed as they were running late, my appt was 35 minutes late, they rang just before I left to cancel, and there was no way I was letting that happen, there were people there who had been waiting 2 hours, and I still went in before them somehow. Anyway, this lady, though nice (relief) was telling me, rather than asking me, she said things like 'you can do this, and you can do that cant you' and also, 'you dont do this and you dont do that do you' as an example, I leave the house rarely, and I go from the house to the car, I do not walk anywhere, and I always go out with someone on the rare occasion that I do. After telling her this, she then went on to say 'you dont have any trouble getting on a bus/train alone do you? When I had already told her I dont go out alone, and I only go out with anyone ie my other half in the car. So though I told her this, she was then telling me, not asking, but telling me that I can and do go out alone on buses and trains. I havent been on a train since I was a child, and the last time I went on a bus was when I was 26.

She also asked about my dog, which I told her about, so after telling her I do not go out, she asked does my dog enjoy going for a walk, so I said yes, out in the back garden.

So although this lady was 'nicer' than the last, it is still clearly their intention to prove you are a liar, that there is nothing 'really' wrong with you, and that you can cope and get back to work, its in their makeup, its their job to get you off benefits, they have targets to hit and will do what they can to hit them.

Annie, you seemed to have had a really decent assessor, and thats brilliant, I am glad for you and even a bit jealous lol, but I just want to point out to anyone else that has to go through this that unfortunately, the intention of ATOS is to get you off benefits and back to work, its what they are employed to do.

I recorded my assessment on my mobile phone, which I will type up and use at tribunal if I have to because I clearly stated my problems and conditions. I also took 7 letters, 2 from Psych and Doctor, and 5 other appt letters, and she didnt even read them. Due to my Dysphagia, there is no way they can fail me, or even put me into WRAG, because its a support group descriptor, but I'll bet they will try it. Luckily there is a place called the Riverside Advice Centre here, they helped fill my forms in, and they have solicitors working for them, so if I hit any problems I can go straight back to them and they will support and fight on my behalf, so Im not worried at all with regards to the outcome of my assessment, but as I said it will not surprise me if they try to fail me.

Again, sorry to hijack Annie, but just wanted to get across what these people can be like.

Once again, im thrilled your assessment was better than mine, and your phased return to work sounds great, so hope it goes very well for you

Dazza you are not hijacking my thread at all. It is all relevent. I hope you get the result you want this time. I said to my husband that it will be sods law for me to be deemed unfit for work when I am going back. I hadnt realised how much stress work was causing me until I was told about my new line manager and I could have cried with relief. I am lookin forward to going back in my new dept now. I will only be there 1.5 hours a day the first week then it will be half term

I had an email from one of my work colleagues who I spoke to yesterday and she said she didn't think I looked well enough to be going back! Not what I wanted to hear I guess :(

Annie don't take any notice, people kept saying that to me, I think a lot of it was because I had lost a lot of weight and nervous about seeing everyone, you do what you feel is right for you and like you say it will nearly be half term.

xxx

Janine you are right and I have lost loads of weight too. Everyone has commented on the amount of weight I have lost. All I can do is try and my new line manager is very supportive so I know she will help me. If it doesn't work out, well at least I know I will have tried xx

Annnnnnnnnie your going back to work? Sooooooooo proud of you!!!! I am just catching up, was sick all last week. Good for you.

I am aiming to I hope it works out. I have been to the Metro Centre today (big shopping mall) I only went in 2 shops but I didn't feel anxious at all Sorry you have been sick :( I hope you are feeling better now?

Look at you go!!!!! 2 shops that is big. (did you get anything good?) and thank you so much, I am feeling much better. Now we can talk about our day with the kids.......Hope your kids are good. I just know you are going to do great, and what a great way to start slowly, little bit at a time, baby steps, perfect! Don't let that anxiety bug get the best of you, keep thinking positive. (aww, those children are going to be so happy to see you) I am so happy for you.

I had lost a diamond from my engagement ring and paid to have it repaired last year and then the same one came out again so I took it back. the other shop...I bought 2 children's hats reduced from £12 to £2. Every year I fill shoe boxes with gifts for children in other countries who wouldn't get Christmas presents (Samaritans Purse) I don't know if you have the same. I thought the hats would be lovely to go in the boxes. 2 of my students have emailed me to say they are excited about me going back

Awwww Annie that is adorable, they must have missed you so much. Ughhh, glad you got your ring fixed, and that is so cute what you did, buying the hats. (you are such a thoughtful person) we have things that are similar but not that. ( I love that idea) and what a great deal you got. I love bargains!!!!! Are you still having bad weather. Today we had groundhog day (not sure if you ever heard of this one, your probably going to say those crazy Americans, lol) anyway he is a very famous ground hog named puxatauwney Phil, (I definitely spelled that wrong) and if he comes out of his hole and sees his shadow we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter, if not spring will come early, well.....he did not see his shadow, so according to him spring is coming. Can't wait to see signs of flowers, and warmer weather. Just something about winter ugh, that makes you feel worse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information