Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming off of Escitalopram.

Coming off of Escitalopram.

Hi all, i have been debating for a while when/how to come off of escitalopram. I have finally decided today is the day as i missed a dose this morning. I'm going with the 'one day on one day off' approach and seeing how i go... its 9 hours past my dosage time and im feeling pretty good about it... no ill side effects at all except that i think i may not sleep tonight.... esc made me super tired but unable to get good sleep but hopefully coming off will help alleviate the feeling tired all the time.

Anywho i'll keep you all updated as to how this particular approach goes and hopefully it works

Re: Coming off of Escitalopram.

Hey Silent, keep me posted as this is what im thinking too. What dosage are you on?

Is your doctor aware you're coming off? I personally find that cutting the tablets in half is a good way of weaning off. Your doctor will be able to recommend the best way for you to wean off. Do you feel like your anxiety has pretty much gone now? I'm on standard cit not escit - I was on 10mg for nearly 6 months. The doctor said to cut them in half for 4 weeks. I'm now on day 11 of the half dose and doing fine.

heya guys, im on 10mm and have been for a few months now... i feel alot more in control but the esc is messing with certain parts of my life so i wanna come off it. My doc and my psych don't know i'm coming off coz i've stopped seeing both of them (too poor to go) but its not going too badly... mega tired atm but so restless i cant stop shakin my arm sand legs it's like i have a huge amount of energy but so lethargic... kinda like when i was first starting them minus the harsh derealization feelings.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

*10mg

Hey guys - im on 10mg cipralex which is the equiv to 20mg citalopram. I had a chat with my therapist this morning. I am not cured, I still get panic. Not half as much as I used to but I do still get it. Ive been on meds for 15 years and im too young to be on them forever. I said to her that if i still get panic on them ill be much worse on them. She says that the meds cant be helping that much so why not try to reduce to 5 over a period of time then see how I go.
    Silent thats a shame you cant see your doc. Im glad your doing ok. I also dont like feeling like ive not always got my wits about me. Im going to alternate between 5 and 10 for a while before going onto 5 and then i wil go from there.
    Silent, can you do something to use up your energy till it passes?

Good luck Bob (and Babs) if you do decide to come off Cipralex...I never had nay probs coming off normal Citalopram by halving my pills and eventually missing days till I was off and was on it 4 years the longest. Hope all goes really well for you both (:

Hi Karen
    thanks for that - that makes me hopeful
    x

Heya guys... screw that im back on the meds, not ready to come off of them yet.. only 2 days in and i got hit with wicked rebound depression :(

so sorry to hear Bob ):

Hey Bob
    How are you doing? dont beat yourself up about it. Do you want to come off? Why not try 10mg then 5mg alternating for a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information