Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline 50mg

Re: Sertraline 50mg

I'm on day 18 on 50mg, mood has lifted but anxiety still present.

My doctor said this medication should help with all types of anxieties but like most people, I doubt they will.

Good to hear people are doing well. I'm going back in a few days and I expect they'll increase the dose. Side effects are minimal which is good, only one thats a bit bothering is waking up an hour or two earlier then not always being able to get back to sleep.

Still not really any sign of benefit but ive been reading it can take longer with sertraline than citralopam, i''m not feeling bad right now and this nice weather is helping so im feeling quite positive about the process.

Well most people at the moment seem to be doing well and sticking with Sertraline.
    Today is my 18th day, and I have upped my dosage to 100mg. I feel really calm and pretty good at the moment. I have even been on a six mile walk!
    Just wondering if the meds are kicking in or is it just the calm before the storm!

Today is my day 23. I feel ok. Not brilliant but much better yhan before. it's a bit early yet I think to feel 100% back to normal. Mornings are the worst. Feeling sick and a bit anxious. But then by 2-3 pm feel better. Had very low mood this morning. Didn't want to get up. But i do HOPE that I will feel better soon. Just need to wait.

Hey Red Flower I know exactly how you feel. I didn't get up until 1130am because I didn't think I could face an angst filled day today. My husband rang me to see how I was and I told him I didn't see the point in getting up to just sit on the settee. After that I did get up and showered and dressed. Even did a bit of tidying around (feel guilty as I am off work and not doing much at home) I am on day 20 of Sertraline tablets - up to 100mg 3rd day - I think! Was on 50mg before that. I am okish at the moment but I did have a bit of a crutch about 0.4mg Lorazepam earlier this am

I have just been given it by my doctor, and I will be join back next wednesday for a check up.
    I have started off with a dose of 50 mg a day. I am really worried about starting it, I take my first pill later this evening.
    I really hope my side effects aren't bad as already I'm worried and I hate the idea of myself feeling worse :(

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
    Hey Red Flower I know exactly how you feel. I didn't get up until 1130am because I didn't think I could face an angst filled day today. My husband rang me to see how I was and I told him I didn't see the point in getting up to just sit on the settee. After that I did get up and showered and dressed. Even did a bit of tidying around (feel guilty as I am off work and not doing much at home) I am on day 20 of Sertraline tablets - up to 100mg 3rd day - I think! Was on 50mg before that. I am okish at the moment but I did have a bit of a crutch about 0.4mg Lorazepam earlier this am
    I used to take diazepam first days and I take one when I feel not very good. I saw my doctor last Monday and I'm staying on 50mg. I'm taking my from anxiety. I stayed couple days at home in the begining (as I was very tired, anxious and feeling sick). But now I noticed if I stay at home all day on my own I will feel worse. I go to work. It's a bit hard to concentrate sometimes but we are not very busy now so I'm ok. I'm quite happy that it is half term now so I don't need to rush in the morning.
    What are you taking your medecine from anxiety or depression (or may be both?)

I used to take diazepam first days and I take one when I feel not very good. I saw my doctor last Monday and I'm staying on 50mg. I'm taking my from anxiety. I stayed couple days at home in the begining (as I was very tired, anxious and feeling sick). But now I noticed if I stay at home all day on my own I will feel worse. I go to work. It's a bit hard to concentrate sometimes but we are not very busy now so I'm ok. I'm quite happy that it is half term now so I don't need to rush in the morning.
    What are you taking your medecine from anxiety or depression (or may be both?)
    I thought long and hard about taking time off work - I never have in the past and just battled it out (anxiety) This time however, the anxiety brought me to my knees and I handed my sick note in. I think my stress levels over recent years were ignored by me for too long - I was always the strong one. My mother passed away 3 months ago, and it was only just as I had finished sorting all the solicitor business out that it caught up with me

For me as well stress is the major trigger of my anxiety. and also disturbed sleep (as my son keeps coming to our bedroom in the night).

Day 25. I started to sleep better now (2 nights slept for 7 hours without waking up at all). Still have anxiety when I wake up but I just come myself down, breathing and don't let myself to think about anything. Normally anxiety lasts for a few minutes (maximum 30 min) and then I fall back asleep.
    Still feel a bit sickish in the morning (but just a bit). Have a dry mouth just for a while in the morning after I took my medicine. And may feel a bit tired ot anxious for a few hours after I took my medicine.
    My anxiety has not gone completely but it is not so strong and managable. It does not happen so often and does not last so long.

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

I think it's still too early for me to get back to normal 100%. But I'm on the right path. Had my second CBT yesterday. Therapist recomended me a book. I ordered it on Amazon, will start to read it when it's here. She expects me to read 3 chapters for our next meeting in 2 weeks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information