Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intrusive thoughts/images, Help!

Intrusive thoughts/images, Help!

Hi - does anyone ever have a panic attack with intrusive thoughts but also images too? I haven't had many, I get mostly horrid what if thoughts... but for me the few images I've had are the hardest to deal with. Is this usual with panic attacks or anxiety? I'm worried I'm the only one and it means something dire.

Your advice would be really really helpful )

Neebie

Hi Neebie

When I was acute I had alot of intrseve thoughts, some I am ashamed to mention, but they are only thoughts and thoughts can be changed.
    I am not sure what you mean about images. One time when I was out on holiday having a meal, my kids went to play pool and hubby went to the bar, all of a sudden I felt scared, the next min, hubby was runing at me and put his face in mine, this all happend in a split second and then he was gone [:O][:O] the strange thing is, it never happend, if you know what I mean, he was still at the bar. Is this what you mean by images, seeing split second things ?

Here is a link to some threads which may help

Links to posts about Common Problems

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Hi Jill,

Thanks for replying! If I'm having a panic rarely I have (very fast)fleeting images (like a still picture) of people I care about... phew... covered in blood. (sometimes from a car accident - sometimes just lying there in it) OK I said it - took some doing - palms sweating like mad even as i type it! Now shaky. I know it sounds silly but I worry if it's a premonition or something?

I'm freaky about blood and feel like i'm going to pass out if I have a blood test (not from the needle but from the blood)

Is this a usual panic attack thing or is this something else do you think?

Scared,
    Neebie

Hi there,I get these thoughts.When I first came on here I asked the same thing.I thought I was going mad.I was so pleased to hear I was not the only one.I get really nasty thoughts,and alot of what if thoughts all the time.You are not alone!!

Ellen XX

Hi Ellen
    Did you have fleeting pictures of horrid things too?
    Neebie

I know how you feel,I cant even put my thoughts on here and I have really tried to.They are so evil and I dont want people to think bad of me.I feel sick just thinking of them.They usually just come and go but they scare me so much.I then think Im an evil person a sick person to think such horrid things.They are usually about people I love.
    When I came on here and people said they have similar thoughts I was so releaved.[8)]

Ellen XX

Hi Ellen

Did you "see" your thoughts as pictures? It's like my imagination goes into over drive. I know the "pictures" are my imagination which is from my thoughts but I do find it harder to combat them.

Cos I've been thinking about it I'm getting in a right state at the mo. Really scared.

Neebie
    X

Hi Neebie,

My flashbacks often include images, mine include reliving an event! From what you have discribed yours are imaginary, So a little different from mine. Remember your mind is a powerful thing to contend with at times and when your mind is in overdrive it will conjur up images and emotions. I think you are having a normal reaction to something you are strugling with! Possibly the fact that you are freaky about blood, is your minds way of trying to get you to face this.Try to calm yourself! I know this is not easy concentrate on your breathing, that sometimes helps!

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Thanks so much for replying - I'm calming down a bit now... I have a panic every time i think about "going mad" I hate panics at night.

Thanks - it's so nice to know there is someone around.

x
    Neebie

Dear Newbie,

I can reassure you that I DID HAVE THEM too at the time when I had constant panic attacks. Different images at different times...one specifically scary was that I had this image that while im sitting on the bus somebody stabbed my neck from behind me...and as you say they were still pictures not just thoughts. To help you calm down I can tell you now, that they only remained while I was still panicky and they never happen these days any more, I am left with high anxiety but it hardly ever goes into panic anymore. You are fine, its just something that goes with panic attacks, don't worry!!! xx

" The solution to a problem is right through it..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information