Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam and Zopiclone

Diazepam and Zopiclone

I am having real trouble sleeping at the moment due to anxiety. Last night I slept for only 2 hours and at 8am this morning I took half a 5mg diazpam and I did sleep for another 2 hours but it certainly wasn't a restful sleep.
    Now it's bedtime again and I'm really stressed out that I won't sleep again! I do have some zopiclone 3.75mg and I'm not sure if I should take one having had the diazepam this morning plus the fact that I've already taken 2 zopiclone this week.

Can any of you offer me any advice please?
    Lainie

Re: Diazepam and Zopiclone

You can take it if you had diazapam this morning but not at same time, I had 7.5 tablets I think that I cut on half of zopliclone. My gp said don't take two nights in a row it was good advice as I found the thought alone that if I didn't sleep I could have the following night helped me to relax. Infact I never had many but I like it that I have some incase. At my worst I used to store up all my good tv and watch at night x

Thank you for the advice. I know my doc said not to take the zopiclone every night and I really don't want to it's just that I feel so anxious all the time and now I'm getting more anxiety about the sleep thing, it's a vicious circle I suppose.

Diazepam and zopiclone are from different drug families, but they both affect the same receptors, so you need a good reason to start mixing them.

Have you tried an AD like mirtazapine? Many people find it helpful for sleep, and also for anxiety.

Hi I also take mirtazipine. My doc also prescribed zop and diazepam. Mirtazipine helps me sleep but doesn't do much for my anxiety or weight gain, but needs must it does help you sleep. I would rather have the weight gain than the no sleep. I thought you could take zop for a few nights in a row to get you into a sleeping pattern. I would spk to your doc re mirtazipine I also take fluoxetine 60mgs and diaziapam in the am.

Thanks for your replies everyone. It was never my intention to start and mix the diazepam and zopiclone at the same time. I wondered if it was safe to take one last night even though I'd had a 2.5ml diazepam at 8am on the morning. I did take the zopiclone really late last night and thankfully had a really good nights sleep. Today I won't take one as I don't want to get into the habit of taking one every night as is what was discussed with my G.P.

He did offer me Trazodone which he said would help the sleep and also anxiety and depression. I have tried numerous antidepressants and can't take mirtz or seroxat due to side effects. I must admit I felt great on the seroxat but it gave me the most awful "runs". (posted on here about that a while ago).

After the last few nights I think I may ask for Trazodone and see how I get on. I just feel so down at the moment but it's a real help to come on here a talk about things.
    Lainie

Good luck if you try the trazodone.

Though the advise is helpful in the above comments I personally wouldn't experiment.Talk to your doctor first to get the right mixture of medication.Good luck

I am back on Mirtazapine again, just increased upto 30mg and also been given diazepam and Zopiclone to help with my actute and chronic reoccurrence of insomnia.

I have only been on 7.5-15 mirt for the past 8 months to help me sleep but a perosnal crisis has set me back so the doc has added diazepam and zopiclone just to get me through the next month or two which are going to be pretty rough for me emotionally. I know once things settle down I will get the strength back to drop the drugs again, didn't have much trouble dropping zopiclone or valium beofre so don't anticipate any difference next time. For info I take 5mg diazepam early evening then the mirt and 7.5mg of zopiclone at bed time.

It is working for me so although I'm a bit of a zombie forst thing and my short term memory is fried at least I'm getting 5-6 hours sleep most night which is invaluable in my current situation.

Good luck all...

5mg valium and 3.75 Zopiclone are both low doses, so you will be absolutely fine, especially as you are taking them hours apart �� I recently was switched to Mirtazapine from Citalopram following a severe illness that left me depressed and also almost unable to force myself to eat and it has worked wonders for me! I sleep well most nights, have my appetite back and feel generally calmer, although it's early days yet (3 weeks). I was so pleased as I never felt that Citalopram really ever helped me much at all - was prescribed after the sudden death of my brother a few years ago.

I also have Zopiclone and diazepam for emergencies, but haven't had to use either much - in fact I'm weaning myself off the valium altogether.

As advised above, try to not take Zopiclone every night, and definitely do not mix with alcohol!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information