Thread: breasts and bumps

breasts and bumps

Just been doing my monthly (ok, monthly when I can summon up the courage) self-exam on my breasts and it occured to me that when I am laying on my back with one arm in the air, feeling each breast with the other arm, that my breasts feel quite bumpy all over if I press down hard enough. This is pretty normal for me so I am not unduly worried at this time but I just wondered if others felt this when checking their breasts? Also, how are we supposed to know when checking if it is a usual bump or a lump we should be concerned about?

Sorry if I haven"t explained myself very well here but I hope someone will read this and know what I am on about! Replies greatly appreciated.

Re: breasts and bumps

Hi There

I know your post is a few days old, but thought I would reply anyway...

My breasts are reallly bumpy and lumpy. Especially my right one. I did go and have a lump checked out at the docs about a year ago. She felt it and said it seems ok. I don't think it has grown, so just check it from time to time.

I think you are meant to check your breasts at the same time each month as menstrual changes, alter the feel and texture of your breasts. This is a bit of a joke for me as since November my periods have been all over the place... This is my current HA..

I think you just need to know what feels normal for your breasts and then monitor any changes.

I think with this reply, I just wanted to reassure you that having lumpy bumpy breasts is normal.

H x

Re: breasts and bumps

Thank you so much, Melon (or H!) for your reply, it is really comforting. My HA is up at the moment so shouldn't really have done a self-exam whilst feeling like this, but I did and I have been worrying, tied myself up in knots with google searches (you know how it is!) though have calmed down a bit yesterday and today. I know googling is bad, I don't know what I am looking for exactly but whatever it is, I never find it, googling just makes me feel much worse.

Bottom line is, though here are bumpy bits (in same places on both), there is nothing new or bigger or anything different in either of my breasts so I should be thankful for that and get on with life til it is time to check again.

Once again, thanks for your reply, it is most appreciated xx
    Last edited by sarahsarah; 12-02-13 at 19:20. Reason: spelling

Thread Information