Thread: Strange feeling in nipple every time I cough?

Strange feeling in nipple every time I cough?

Strange, right? It started a few days ago but I didn't really notice until tonight when I kept coughing.. And every time I do so I feel this muscle twitch in my right nipple only.

Has anyone else ever experience this?

Re: Strange feeling in nipple every time I cough?

I would really appreciate any reassurance someone may have. I doubt it's a normal thing to have your nipple twitch or whatever every time one cough's sitting upright..

Well it sounds to me like a nerve type thing. We have millions or nerves all over our bodies, if the nerve endings get a little irritated you can sometimes get the effect that you have

I would very much doubt it being due to anything of a serious nature, but do go and have a chat with your doctor

Thank you for replying! Could it possibly be from coughing so much? Because I'm getting over a nasty cold, but the cough caused my chest to hurt at times. Although my right breast doesn't hurt when I cough now, I just get this twitching sensation that can get annoying..

yeah I think it's a nerve thing, sometimes I get a sharp pain in my breast that always travels right through my nipple!

also pain can radiate, so if you have a sore chest and you cough you might be feeling it in your nipple, or perhaps the nipple rubs against your bra more during a cough.

Thank you, I really appreciate it! I'll ask my doctor when I go next, which is thankfully soon. But another quick question... My head has been sore lately, so I looked in the mirror and it was red in the same spot, accompanied by pressure in my left temple and at the red spot; is this normal with anxiety and its symptoms?

were you touching the area before you looked, even mild touching can make your skin look rather pink.
    If your jaw is any way tense or your neck even that also tense up the temple area, headache too or even sinus issues can all make the temple tender and sore.
    I get some serious pressure if my neck muscles tense up or my jaw, or even with my sinuses.
    the pressure can be in my jaw, cheeks, nose, fore head, side of my head, back of my head and in front of my ears and my temples.

Thread Information