Thread: Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy

has anyone had experiences with hypnotherapy???
    pleas share

Re: Hypnotherapy

Hi Ycg3,

I had hypnotherapy worked wonders for me a few years ago. I've seen three hypnotherapists, one was amazing, the other two didn't really work for me (I liked them but their techniques were different and I didn't feel it was as beneficial for me personally).

I would definitely recommend hypnotherapy for relaxation, confidence building, phobias etc but definitely take that time to find a therapist that you feel comfortable with etc. I found a list online of therapists that were also registered with the GMC as that re-assured me a bit.

If you're considering trying it, I'd definitely recommend it, hope it works for you

Hi there
    I've tried Hypnotherapy twice over the years and it did nothing for me.I think the problem is that there are a lot of not very good Hypnotherapists out there and the trick is to find a good one that someone has used and comes with plenty of recommendations
    Hope you have more success than I did
    Regards
    John

I have also tried hypnotherapy amongst practically everything else. I had 6 sessions and it did absolutely nothing for me.
    The hypnotherapist told my wife that my subconscious wasn't letting me relax and therefore it had no effect on me.

Paul McKenna cd's worked quite well for me but not enough on their own. I am currently building up Sertraline dose and when settled on it will combine with cd for hopefully quite a powerful combination.

I had hypnotherapy and it didn't work for me, I think it was because i couldn't relax and my head was full of negative chatter. I think it is trial and error what works for one might not work for another. Keep an open mind and give it a go!

I'm currently having hypnotherapy....had 2 sessions so far and although I find it fairly easy to relax I haven't really felt any benefit yet.

I went for one session with a hypnotherapist but really couldn't relax. I felt like I had to pretend to be 'under his influence'. I find with the cd's that even if my mind is racing whilst I listen to it, it still seems to go into my head somehow. Having said that, most of the time by the end of the cd I am pretty relaxed and sedated and I am someone who REALLY struggles to relax and not fidget etc.

Thread Information