Thread: Itchy arm feels deep under the skin

Itchy arm feels deep under the skin

I've been getting this itchy feeling under my skin on my right arm. It feels deep under the skin. I'm worried as i have read lymphoma has itchiness as a symptom and now i'm convinced its this now. My anxiety has been really bad the past week because of this. The itch is like nothing i've had before

Re: Itchy arm feels deep under the skin

Looking at your previous posts it's clear that you're quite like me in your worries about lymphoma. I know it's difficult to believe, but anxiety really can cause any symptom and often mimics the symptoms of illnesses we fear the most. The more you focus on your itchiness and google lymphoma symptoms, the more you will experience them.

You need to stop looking on the Internet for symptoms straight away and stop focussing on your itchiness. Much easier said than done I know! But if you want to move forward and feel better, it's what you have to do. For extra reassurance, you could always go to your doctor who I'm sure will reiterate that your itching is anxiety based (and perhaps some dry skin) and nothing more.

It because the itch feels really deep under my skin and i'm terrified again because inread thats whats the lymphoma itch feels like. its not constant though or making me want to rip my skin off. I just wish i could forget about it and get on with living my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndz1 View Post
    It because the itch feels really deep under my skin and i'm terrified again because inread thats whats the lymphoma itch feels like. its not constant though or making me want to rip my skin off. I just wish i could forget about it and get on with living my life.
    I try to avoid looking online for symptoms, but I think that the lymphoma itch is pretty excruciating and constant. I know from personal experience that people with HA tend to forget that it is normal to have bodily sensations such as itching. My Mum often says that she has an itch, but just scratches it and moves on. How great would it be to be able to do that!? I honestly don't think you have anything to be concerned about, as your symptoms can easily be explained by your anxiety. Many other people on NMP itch as well and don't have anything seriously wrong with them.

I saw this quote online yesterday and think it's so true: "Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn't change anything. All it does is steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing." I am trying every day to remember this quote and not worry. I am slowly getting there and I hope you can too!

You know it sounds like it could be an ingrown hair?

Maybe sore from shaving, or have you change the deodorant you use?

I read that the itch is constant and makes you want to tear the skin off but i still cant let that reassure me. I wish i could just let it go. Its hard not to google but i'm really going to have to try and stop. I have done it before and eventually the symptoms stopped

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious_gal View Post
    You know it sounds like it could be an ingrown hair?

Maybe sore from shaving, or have you change the deodorant you use?
    I dont shave my arms and havent changed my deodorant. The itch is a different itch i havent felt before. I have had it before and remember i just forgot about it and it went away so hope i can do it again

I don't know what to say? Um, I'm sorry, I think you know you are being irrational, or blowing things out of proportion, maybe view the thoughts as just your imagination? They aren't real, it's just your anxiety trying to wind you up.

It's just an itch, I think when you have health anxiety you can simply pick out any symptom from a list and then get worried but in reality there'd be way more symptoms though. it'd show up in blood work, you'd have fever and swelling and so on.

Maybe think about if you had a friend who was also worried about having an itch, what would you tell her to reassure her?

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

ah new symptoms always freak me out big time, I can sort of get used to my old symptoms and not worry so much, but with a new one, it's like this feels different something must be wrong this time : /

It's good though if the itch isn't there all the time, if it's coming and going.

I often get an itch on my baby finger, I don't know if it feels deep, but scratching the skin doesn't seem to help at all, it can drive me mad as it can be rather irratating, maybe ice or cool water could calm the itch down a bit.

Thread Information