Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excessive yawning and feeling SOB

Excessive yawning and feeling SOB

So I have been googling for a while now on this issue that has bothered me for many months, lately worse then ever.

I have many symptoms that could be considered anxiety but this has to be one of the worse ones I experience.

I yawn excessively through out the day at various times, maybe 20-30 times per hour from when I am awake till I drop asleep.

Another aspect which seems related is the constant urge to take a deep breath, which I get very often as well but the breath does not feel refreshing enough so I try and take more of them and it goes on.

When I first had this SOB symptom I also had chest pain and rushed to hospital thinking I was having a heart attack and of course it came back clean and they said nothing was wrong.

I went to the ER one more time for this and the same thing - they told me they found nothing.

Anyone else have this symptom?

Re: Excessive yawning and feeling SOB

I have had this and infact reading it makes me want to yawn, if u see somebody yawn it also makes you yawn, so is just the same the more you think about it the more you'll want to do it, I remember having to leave my shopping and abandon a department store because I couldn't get enough air into my lungs(or so it felt) , sometimes I couldn't bring on a yawn which made the feeling much much worse, when I relaxed and moved onto my next worry it went away x

Quote Originally Posted by HypoCanuck View Post
    So I have been googling for a while now on this issue that has bothered me for many months, lately worse then ever.

I have many symptoms that could be considered anxiety but this has to be one of the worse ones I experience.

I yawn excessively through out the day at various times, maybe 20-30 times per hour from when I am awake till I drop asleep.

Another aspect which seems related is the constant urge to take a deep breath, which I get very often as well but the breath does not feel refreshing enough so I try and take more of them and it goes on.

When I first had this SOB symptom I also had chest pain and rushed to hospital thinking I was having a heart attack and of course it came back clean and they said nothing was wrong.

I went to the ER one more time for this and the same thing - they told me they found nothing.

Anyone else have this symptom?
    Hi you and me are from the same group.I started well back in the 1960s. I was abused and it just got worse from then.I have had a few of very good moments like the day I met my hubby,getting married,being pregnant and having four wonderful children,3smashing grandchildren. Many pets which has helped in more than they know.this last panic attack which was on new years day,is areal bugger it does not want to leave me.I have got it under control by the use of pills.but I know that I do need proper help.(talking about my pass)which I am on the waiting list for.I can honestly say with hand on heart I have NO FRIENDS I do not trust anyone.I only need my family they are my life.I only go out with members of my family.I am registering disabled because of rheumatoid arthritis in my feet so I have to use a mobility scooter or a rollator.I am not a rude person and if someone says anything about the weather or bit of small talk I tend to answer with one or to words. I just want to know why has some people got to be so horrible and rude.hope you are having a good afternoon.take care x

things happen for a reason,but we do not always agree.

medication im on
    Doxazosin,bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure.
    levothyroxine,for thyoids.
    pregabalin, for panic/depression. Fibromyalgia
    amitriptyline,for rheumatoid arthritis in feet.

thanks for the comment guys. yeah i still do not know if this panic attack related, as no doctor will diagnose me with anything. I just got home and have a holtor monitor on.

Hopefully some day i find out why i have constant shortness of breath, feel like i am choking and yawning non stop 200 - 300 times a day

I thought I was yawning a lot more and thought it was fatigue. Currently worried about lung cancer so thought fatigue was another symptom. I dont feel tired, Im just yawning.

Low blood oxygen? Another symptom?

Take care

Andrea

yeah sometimes i wanna go to the hospital when i feel this - like right now

aw sorry : ( if your blood oxygen was too low your lips and fingers would be rather blue so I think you would know.
    It is strange you are yawning so much, I assume doctors and the hhospital have done your blood pressure, when they attach that clip to your finger it reads your pulse and your blood oxygen levels too.
    also if you have low blood oxygen levels your body will produce more oxygen carrying cells and that shows up in the blood work/blood count.

The only other thing I can think of, it might be worth getting a sleep study done?

Thanks anxious. Could it just be anxiety do you think?

Sorry, pinched your thread a bit! Least were still talking yawning symptoms.

Yawning and sighing are classic symptom of tension and anxiety. According to research we yawn to get extra air in and the sighing is like setting the reset button for your breathing. I can tell you that I have been yawning and sighing on and off for 37 years of anxiety, so it will not harm you. I also get very tired.

XxXBettyXxX

I fear the worst as well. I have feared COPD, lung cancer, heart problems. I have spun way out of control and its getting really to the point I feel i need to be hospitalized. I can not go on like this and have been begging for help. LOL I currently fear i may have 20-25 long term illnesses. Yawning excessively i have scene can come from many diseases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information