Thread: no period on birth control pill?

no period on birth control pill?

I've been on the combined pill for almost 5 years now ... over the past year my period has increasingly gotten lighter and lighter (fine by me) but now it seems to be absent. Last month I skipped even though I had all symptoms of a period. Both pregnancy tests (a week apart) were negative. I didn't sweat it, knew it could be from the pill.

Now my period is due again and I don't feel like it is "on it's way" if you know what I mean? I am a bit worried I will skip again.

My sister told me she never got her period on the pill. Has anybody gone through similar? I mean I'm fine with not getting it, just a little worried it means something else is wrong.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

bump anyone?

Re: no period on birth control pill?

I take the contraceptive pill, and I haven't had a period in about 4 years All my smears come back ok, and the nurse at my Dr's surgery is always satisfied with my health when I have my six month check-up, so it doesn't bother me. If you are concerned though you could see your Dr/Gynae (I'm not sure how it works in the states) - they would probably just put you on a different type of pill.

This happened to me when I was on the mini pill. For years I saved a fortune in tampons! Eventually I just decided I wanted my periods back (hard to believe, I know) and after a few months they retuned to normal.

Ok, glad I'm not the only one! Thank you! My annual with swab and smear tests was in november and everything was normal then.

Thread Information