Thread: Leaving my son

Leaving my son

Hi all, my main anxiety is based around my son who is now 4, I always worry sone thing might happen, generally I am good at controlling it as I never want him to see or know about my anxiety We moved away over a year ago and live around 2 hours away from family so me and my husband never go out together, anyway, we have been invited to go out for a meal with sister inlaw next weekend and my mother inlaw has offered to have our son over night, this is what terrifies me, I have so many what ifs that fly around that I am trying to think of reasons not to go, I don't want to stop my son from going but I worry that something might happen - fall down stairs, locked in toilet, get hurt in some kind of way

Any advice?

Re: Leaving my son

Could he fall down stairs or get locked in the toilet if he was at home? I am sure the risks would be no different but I do understand your concerns as I was the same when my children were younger. We cannot and should not put our fears on to our children. I am sure your mother in law loves her grandson dearly and will take great care of him. He will be with a responsible adult. It will be lovely for you and your husband to spend some quality time together and I hope you can relax knowing that son is in good hands and have a lovely evening. I am sure your son will enjoy his quality time with his Grandma too

Thread Information