Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Else Had The 24 Hour Blood Pressure Holter Monitor?

Has Anyone Else Had The 24 Hour Blood Pressure Holter Monitor?

Hello

I'm just wondering whether there are any peeps about that have had the 24 hour blood pressure holter monitor??

I'm asking as I had mine fitted this morning and I'm finding it really uncomfortable on my arm It really does inflate very, very tight, it cuts off my blood supply in my left arm so that my hand goes red and purple and I'm finding it pretty painful really.

It's inflating every half an hour during the day and every hour during the night.......I can't quite fathom out why it would need to take readings so frequently, I mean they don't even usually take your blood pressure that often if you were in hospital do they?

I just hope I have the patients and staying power to keep the damn thing on all night!!!...........roll on tomorrow morning

Re: Has Anyone Else Had The 24 Hour Blood Pressure Holter Monitor?

Can't help you on this one Auntie but like the pun at the end

"I just hope I have the patients and staying power to keep the damn thing on all night!! "

..........aww you spotted my deliberate mistake far too quickly Ricardo

I think it's slowly cutting the blood supply off to my brain too.......not much help to me.....my brain's always on a go slow without any help

lol...........can you believe that???.........I'm inflating again at this very moment ..................and it hurts

Well at least it brought a smile to your face. I hope you don't suddenly take off during the night. I would lock all the windows and doors and don't venture outdoors xxx

Ricardo.........you're the best therapy I could have tonight

I hope you don't suddenly take off during the night. I would lock all the windows and doors and don't venture outdoors xxx

..........look this is just no good is it??? I'm laughing my head off and it's going to be sending my blood pressure up xxx

I had one recently Moosie and took it off inbetween readings as it was driving me mad lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nic, I think I may well have to do that soon, it's really making me arm sore

Just keep an eye on the time and put it back on a minute or so before it is due lol

You still have the night shift to do yet haha

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Nic.........that's it you have your little giggle lol .........I might be really naughty and fix it on my partner while he sleeps......he won't notice....he doesn't notice anything

Hello,

I had one fitted last month and it was really uncomfortable! It was just as you describe it and at one point inflated so tightly I got little sort of pin prick red spots on my hand! I wasn't a very good patient though and had panic attack and took it off

In hindsight I should've done what Nicola did. Hope you get a half decent nights sleep. Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information