Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone Else Had The 24 Hour Blood Pressure Holter Monitor?

Re: Has Anyone Else Had The 24 Hour Blood Pressure Holter Monitor?

Never had one, but I find having my blood pressure taken can be uncomfortable, couldn't imagine having to put up with it every half an hour!
    I bet you'll be glad when it's over.
    It's normal of it hurts a bit, makes your hand and arm numb, I know I can be rather prone to mild cramping as well
    Don't worry it's no where near tight enough to cut off blood flow even though it feels tight , but it can press on the nerves giving you numbness .
    They are fitted with a censor so it won't ever over inflate.

It's a good test, as often your anxiety can be higher when your own doctor checks your blood pressure.
    I hope you can get some sleep x

I've not had the BP monitor, but I do have a BP machine at home, which I will use if I don't feel good, just to check..

Sometimes if I get a weird reading, I will sit & calm myself for a few minutes, then press the button to redo the reading - the 2nd time the arm cuff always goes tighter, and I always regret not taking it off in between the 2 readings - it seems as if the cuff doesn't completely deflate after it's done, and some of the air stays.. thus making it tighter the next time...

I don't know if that made any sense lol, but it's 1.15am and I can't think of a better way to word it right now.

Thank you everyone

Oh what a night I had

Each and every time that thing inflated, my arm was getting more and more painful, in the end the pain of the damn thing inflating was making me feel physically sick, a couple of times I really thought I was going to actually be sick and, very strangely enough, it was inducing panic in me.........I soon dealt with it, but I can only think that it was the pain that was inducing the panicy feelings

The things off of me now, thank goodness and, to be honest, I don't think it's something I'd want to have again. My arm is bruised and badly marked today, I just don't get why the cuff needs to be that tight

Did you unwrap it and wrap it back up again each time?

Usually they get tight if they are not on properly.

Glad it is all over with now though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No, I hadn't taken it off at all Nic, that was exactly how the nurse had put it on me.

Yep it's over with now

ahh see i took mine off as you know and wrapped it back up each time and it worked ok

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sounds like a wonderful invention,Auntie.

Ricardo yep! brilliant invention .......oh I had so much fun......NOT!!! ......well anyway, that's one Valentines Day I wont be forgetting in a hurry.......but not for pleasure........for pain

I have a firend that he had blood pressure. His doctor gave a new invention of measuring blood pressure instrument 24 hours a day. It doesn't need to have been fixed on the man's arm. It just needs two strips on your arteries. Is really a great invention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information