Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reiki - WOW

The practioner I saw charged around £30 for an hour's reiki and then a good twenty minute chat afterwards. She came recommended by a friend and I would think thats a better way to go -- ask around (maybe even on this site) to see if there is someone local who is recommended to you. She picked up fairly quickly on a lot of the stuff that was bothering me and told me to drink lots of water afterwards for 48 hours. She also said that I might feel worse before I feel better. There are a few 'alternative therapies' that I don't really buy into to (but if it works for someone, it works) but I know a few people who practise reiki and they are sane, sorted people, so that propelled me into trying it (I'll try anything within reason!)

I had reiki at the holistic health centre where i used to work and it opened up more than i imagined. didnt realise how much i had repressed and got a feeling similar to a flashback.

at certain points she touched i burst into tears and i was very tearful for about a week or so. couldnt control it, just kept bursting into tears....obviously i badly neede the release.

yet i paid for my cuz to go and she didnt feel a thing........absolutely nothing and said i had wasted my money.

Jenny I would say that you were over charged, I don’t know what aromatherapy oils that was use, but no way would the cost of oils, for a session be £6.00, even if they were use Rose and Frankincense, which both are good in a oil burner. Rose is good for depression, insomnia, Frigidity, headache and nervous tension. Due to it sedative and antidepressant properties, whereas Frankincense also helps with anxiety, nervous tension and stress related conditions and both blends well together. Only use a couple of drops each in a burner.

Plus with regards consolation are fee, I have always found the to be free with the first treatment. The person I go to for Reiki does not charge more the £35. for a hour, and ask for less if your are on benefits, I always founds it play to shop around for holistic treatments.

One way of trying out holistic on the cheap, is your local college, I love going there for aromatherapy massage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information