Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any agoraphobics around?

Hi Phil...
    How the heck are we supposed to break free from this hell?
    Its all well and good people saying "baby steps" and that you have to "Feel the fear" to recover, but sometimes, just sometimes the fear is too horrid to bare, so how are we supposed to get well?
    Just don't know.
    Sarah

I said the same Sarah, I felt confused when people told me to do the method I use. At first I did not know what to do, so I thought hard about it. I fought aginst my Inner Voice, I started to understand what a Panic Attack was, and i worked out the best way to deal with it.
    I aint saying that I found it easy, because I still aint really changed much, yes I might be able to take a few steps out of my door, but I still am an Agoraphobic. I wish like everyone else around no more panic, that one morning I would be able to wake up, feel great, go out my door and not come back home till it is time for dinner. Unfortunatley I dont think that is going to happen for a long time.
    You know I sometimes look at Agoraphobia as a Gift, Yes thats right a gift. Cause if it was not for this happening to me, who knows where I would be right now, thats just say probably not on this planet. I admitted before, I have been a depressiant for almost 10 years now, and alot of bad things have happened to me in that space of time. My only hope was to drink and from the age of 17 i used to drink heavily. Maybe this was the only way I could see sense, that there is more btter ways to cure your hurt than booze.
    Not also that, I have two young toodlers and I never got to see them, as I was always out working, and I never got to see them much. Now in the last 18months I have really enjoyed the time I have been able to spend with my kids. But now again I will be the one left with nothing, as my oldest starts nursery in a few days and my partner, will take the youngest out with her.:(
    So yeah, I can say that Agoraphobia has been a gift to me because, it has made me realise life alot more and it has brought me closer to my kids. Now that this has happened I feel that the Agoraphobia is slowly letting me go now, and its about time i let go of it. So now that I have little time left, I want to try and get out of my home, because I hate being alone. I may have my own side of my family, but they dont care for me no-more, so what else can I do? [V]

This is no a fight, Its a War!!:(

phil

Phil...

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">So yeah, I can say that Agoraphobia has been a gift to me because, it has made me realise life alot more and it has brought me closer to my kids.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I said to my husband the other day about being able to spend all this time with my son and watching him grow up, but he then said "Yeah, but apart from that, and to be honest you could still have spent time with your son, you've wasted almost 10 years of your life and what quality things have you done with him?". He had a point :(

So tell me exactly - what are your limitations right now?

Hi Sarah...

my limits are a ten minute walk away from my home. The last time i got into a car was 7months ago, I made it down to my Aunts which is a 5minute drive from me. When I got there I lasted all of 2 minutes. I cant go into a supermarket, cause I still cant handle large crowds. My doctors is 5 minutes away and I can hold myself together now to see my doctor, but 3 months ago i couldnt. I think with my change of doctor, I have found a bit of confidence and my body is getting use to me trying to go out into the outside world.

phil

Your limits are more or less the same as mine.
    Can you drive or does your partner drive?
    I have the problem where my husband doesn't, so if i was to panic, i would be having to drive home which isn't safe!
    Do you walk to the doctors?

No i dont drive, i have to walk everywhere as my partner does not drive either. My GP is only 5mins away from me, so i find it easy to walk. I just dont travel well in cars no more, I dont why that is though. I went to my doctors today and did really well. My appoint was for 11am and i was not seen until 12.15. Due to this I had to spend over an hour in a crowded room, and i only had a slight Panic Attack once. My doctor is now going to refer me to a CPN to see if they can help me and my situation.

phil

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information