Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any agoraphobics around?

Thank the Lord i am not alone!!!!
    Agoraphobia gets pretty damn lonely at times, especially when no one around you understands. My husband is "normal" and gets angry that i can only go as far as the town with him (1 1/2miles). Hes a non-driver so if i panic, i can't drive, how will i get home!? We can't afford for him to take lessons so were in a catch 22 situation. My only friend has completely disowned me and i am probably at my lowest that i've been in a while. I just want friends, people to come and see me, but who wants a friend that cant leave the house??

Sarah.

FOR MEGGY: Goodness, you've been through a crap load and here i am moaning about me. I should be thankful for what i do have. Sorry.

Sarah really I do believe this. What ever it is you're going thru? Iti's the very worst thing for you. Phobias, anxiety attacks, OCD, all the rest? Aren't comparable individual to individual. Life for me is difficult right now but I also kwow from my life, and others, life is never static, always morphing, and my problems will too. What is THE worst for me? Isn't for you. Is my agoraphapobia worse than yours or others? It would take King Solomen to decide. What is bad for you? Is the very worst thing for you. I really believe that.I don't experience your life but I respect it. Hopefully and very obviously being a new member here? I believe that. Now probably I can say that my computer is acting up FAR worse than yours(big smile).

ONE person on an epilepsy forum one time posted her frustrations with seizures and it did make me mad. There are some people, few in number I believe firmly believe, that perhaps have had such a charmed life that any burp or hiccup along the way is a catastrophe and those? I have very little use for. She had FOUR seizures a year that are for sure the"small"seizures. I have big seizures , debilititaing seizures, multiple every day. I still have a life, as much as I can. She did not. She waited at home, wondering why she didn't qualify for Disability, in quaking fear - she'd have a 1 minute simple partial. I and many have srveral a DAY! GIVE ME A BREAK! Yeah, well, her post of anguish hit me and effected others in a sore spot. The only time a post did.

Hang in there. I will too!

Meggy

Thanks

hi sarah

i've had agorophobia on and off for 23 years it is something people dont understand and it is very lonely as people dont stop going out they just stop asking if you want to go. at the moment i'm able to leave the house.

meggy i agree some people seem to complain about the slightest thing i have m.e which leaves me exhausted, in a lot of pain and some days i cant get out of bed or walk but i know someone who gets a twinge and says it hurts i feel like saying to her if only you knew what real pain is like. yet i do far more than she does.

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

ooohhh!! i dunno what to say about this! as i am deffinetly one of those ppl who get a muscle twitch and think im someone special and about to die!
    Firstly, we dont do it on purpose, we do know that there are ppl out ther who suffer far worse, but we are designed to look after ourselfs, so when alarm bells ring, they ring! Were not selfish to other peoples suffering, far from it.
    Were just so uptight and involved in our own safety that we dont want it taken away.
    Becci x

Thank you Becci for your post. It is always good to hear MORE from people like yourself. In fact I am lined up for brain surgery and am scared witless. However what am worried about and posted about? Melanoma However many doctors say it doesn't exist yet I'm sure it does - sigh. You have educated me and put things into perspective I understand. It is me who said your problem is the worst problem I believe. I should live it then. Thank you for your post.

Meggy

I'm Jaren, a university student at Ryerson University in Canada. I am taking a research methods class where I have to find someone with agoraphobia. I won't have to interview your or anything like that, just get in touch and possibly make a new friend. If anyone would be kind enough to help me out, please email me at jfolden@ryerson.ca
    thanks alot!
    jaren

Meggy,

Ive only just seen your reply, and im sorry but i dont understand it?

becci x

Hi sarah

no your not alone, there are many of us out there. my agoraphobia is a result of my panic disorder. i have a safety zone of about 20 minutes from home (in certain directions !!). and am nearly 2 years into this disorder. i lost my job, my partner left and most of my friends just got on with their lives so i have had minimal support except from one very dear friend.

i am begining to not be such a cowardy custard and tried a train ride with my friend the other day and it nearly done me in !!! however, this is major progress for me and i am trying to work towards getting my life back again.

i just cant seem to override the fear......

Well I haven't been shopping for weeks in Tesco and haven't been that far from home either, But my therapist suggested i just went inside Tesco and got a paper, and come out , well I managed to do that, this morning not on my own, got hubby to be my prop so to speak, but I feel absolutely shattered this afternoon feel as if I've climbed a mountain.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information