Thread: 15 Days off Citalopram

15 Days off Citalopram

Hi Everyone.

This is just a quick update. The physical withdrawal symptoms (except vertigo and zaps) have have all become mild and much more manageable. I don't even need anti-nausea or headache medication on a regular basis any more.

I had my weekly session earlier today with my psychologist and it was very encouraging. Since the begining of the withdrawal process I noticed my emotions seem more heightend and intense, which I assumed was all part of the withdrawal, but it would seem I am actually feeling the full force of my emotions for the first time in my life. Whist it is a little unsettling at the moment, it remains encourageing ... a sign of progress that I can feel.

It remains to be seen if I can cope with the full extent of my emotions, but so far it looks like it will be the case.

If I could do this whole withdrawal process over I would definately take it slower and not allow my frustration to get the better of me. I would also have asked a lot more questions before starting out and not taken my psychiatrists opinion that I would not experience withdrawal symptoms as fact.

I do not regret taking Citalopram (I did a few weeks ago when I was feeling awful) because as hard as it has been to stop taking them (due to my own stupidity of stopping too fast), I recognise that taking Citalopram has put me in a healthy position to move forward now.

Bel8

Re: 15 Days off Citalopram

Just wanted to say congratulations! You have such a positive outlook which is so lovely to hear I hope things to go well for you. You seem very much in control and well on the way to successfully achieving your goals

Re: 15 Days off Citalopram

This is a great post - very inspirational x

Thread Information