Thread: Hurdle #1 jumped!

Hurdle #1 jumped!

Today was the first training workshop that I have to attend as part of the conditions of the business start-up bursary I've been awarded. I wasn't looking forward to it anyway, and felt even less able to do yesterday when I found out that it was actually due to be 3 hours long, not the 1.5 hours I was originally led to believe it would be (accidentally so).

I was nervous last night, but still managed to go for a Valentine's meal out with my husband (I ate nearly a whole meal with no panic - I only stopped because it was a large helping and I was full!), and felt groggy when I woke up this morning after disconnected dreams about things going wrong at the workshop.

Even while I was driving there I kept being sure that I was never going to make it through the whole 3 hours. I did though!! I had a bit of a wobble at about the 1hr 45mins mark, but tried to relax through and ride it out. I was pleased when it was the end and I could leave, but even then I went to Subway for some lunch rather than getting in the car and dashing straight home.

I have another 12 hours of training to do between now and the end of March, so I'm pleased that I've made it over this first hurdle

Re: Hurdle #1 jumped!

You are making excellent progress, really pleased for you

Well done, it feels great when you have done something like that and it will not be so hard next time.

xx

Thanks guys. I'm so pleased that it went better than I imagined it would, even with the little blip in the middle

I forget to mention: on my way home I even saw Princess Anne, lol. She was visiting the business park where I used to work, and I just happened to be sat in traffic nearby as she arrived!

Princess Anne once landed in a helicopter on our school field, I can't remember her reason for being there.

Thread Information