Thread: Head Rushes / Fatigue

Head Rushes / Fatigue

Hello all,

Been back to the docs this week after getting dizzy when standing up, I've been referred to have a 24 hour heart monitor to check all is ok with my heart (previously had many normal ECG's, blood tests for just about everything, chest x-ray, blood pressure, etc)

I've previously suffered with anxiety and stress a lot, but wouldn't say I was particularly stressed at the moment.

I've had a lot of late nights over the last couple of weeks.

The last few days I've felt exhausted, and had a lot of head rushes, to the point it feels like I"m going to black out, but don't. I've been getting occasional headaches.

I drink a reasonable amount of caffeine, but not loads, I drink alcohol occasionally, but not a massive amount.

Could this all be stress related?

I've had so many tests over the years, and so many symptoms, but at the moment I just feel drained and awful.

Would appreciate anyone who is in the same boat letting me know.

Got a really busy week next week, with lots of early mornings, and not really looking forward to it!

Chris x

Re: Head Rushes / Fatigue

It can definitely be stress related. Stress does some really horrible things to your body. It definitely can be sleep deprivation too. I know on nights I don't sleep well? I get head rushes much much more often

Id say it could easily be stress/anxiety related. I suffer from anxiety, but its more sub-conscious anxiety, where I'm not sitting there fretting about something, its just little worries in the background of my mind that eventually build up without me noticing.

I can totally relate to your post. I am also going through a really tough bout of anxiety. I also am not necessarily actively anxious about anything, but I am in what Claire Weekes calls a "sensitized state". Pretty much everything sets me off. I also have had so many different tests it is almost comical. Everything comes back normal. Currently I am having an issue that whenever I stand up and walk around my heart starts pounding and then palpitating and I get really dizzy and breathless. It is very scary and doctors just keep telling me its panic attacks. I dont know. Maybe they are right but it sure does not feel like it. I am sorry for the rant, but the point of my post was to let you know that you are not alone. I am also going through just a really bad phase. I just keep telling myself that I have been here before and gotten through it. This time will be no different. We will get through it, our symptoms will fade as we become less afraid of them. We have to remember to take care of ourselves right now. Eat right, try to sleep decently. This too shall pass.

-- Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

I noticed after some water and food I felt a little better, but I'm still feeling really tired, and the rushes seem to come out of nowhere.

I think I'm like you "Itwillpass" in that I'm quite often anxious / stressed without realising. Really gets me down, and everything that I have coming up, when I feel rubbish, seems like such a mission.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time.

Any tips on ignoring head rushes / making yourself feel more refreshed. I don't feel like doing much when I'm this tired, which just makes me feel worse.

Thread Information