Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday- Shall I go ?

Holiday- Shall I go ?

Hi everyone,

New to this site today !

I have a dilemma.....

Both my sisters and my mum have booked a surprise weekend away for my birthday ro spain, leaving this friday 08/09.

I have said I'm not going because my anxiety id bad at the moment and I never fully relax when I'm abroad because I hate being away from home. I have only ever been abroad with my partner and he knows how to calm me down and to distract me, But he has recently gone finished with me so I am terrified of going.

My mum and my sisters said they totally understand but are still going.
    I know I will feel terrible staying at home but I will feel terrible if I go, I just wish I was normal and could be one of those people that says I'm just popping over to spain for the weekend and think nothing of it. But no I have built it up into this horrible event and think I'm going to die of a panic attack in spain.

I dont know what to do ??

Can anyone give me any advice ?

Hi laura,

I really do sympathise. Last year we booked a holiday to Turkey. The holiday was booked in may and we were due to go in october. In july i started suffering with panic and on the day of departure i had a massive panic attack and couldnt go. My hubby daughter and her boyfriend went without me.
    It was really horrible as i so desperately needed that holiday.
    Im sure if id have gone it would have been a massive help in me getting over my panic and anxiety.

No one can tell you what to do, theres only you know how you feel and can make that decision for yourself.
    I really hope things work out fine for you.

Take care
    LYNN xx

p.s Welcome to this brilliant site.

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Remember no one has ever died from panic, so thats one worry off the list, do you use anything for distraction when you feel anxious? if so pack all these in your weekend bag and go and have a fantastic time, the break will probably do you good.

Take care

Trac xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi,

Thankyou so much for your replies.........I find rescue remedy helps me but I'm not allowed to take any liquids on the plane.......my mum just asked me again are you sure you dont want to come ?
    The fact is I do want to go but if im having anxiety and panic the whole time it will ruin everyone holiday.....I just dont know what to do.

Hello Laura, welcome!

I'll go!![8D]

Seriously though, how sad if you missed a great oportunity like this! I really don't know what to suggest to help you to think of all the great reasons why you should go rather than have that awful sinking feeling of regret if you don't. I felt the same way when I was going to Spain back in June. I was on the way to recovery and there it was again - the wave of anxiety and panic weighing me down so that I didn't go. But I did and what a great time I had! Even when I had an anxiety attack on the third day and wanted to just get on the first flight home!! Thankfully I didn't (positive thoughts over negative!) and had the most wonderful time.

However, as loopylynn says it is up to you as only you can make the decision to go or not. I hope you decide to go and enjoy your surprise!

Lotsa Luv
    xxx[^]

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Thansk groovy granny thats really inspirational.........you hit the nail on the head there......I have had that thought before of just wanting to close my eyes and be back home....its awful......so when u wanted to go home how did you get over that to enjoy the rest of your holiday ??

Just the thought of all the hassle to find a flight back home, the probable heated discussion with my usually very patient hubby when I told him my plans, all the money we had paid for the holiday (not a lot but it would all be wasted if we went home early!) and all the increased ANXIETY the aforementioned would cause me!! Also, I really did not want it to get the better of me so I sat it out dozed for a while ( which meant I had to stop pacing up and down - one of my anxiety 'procedures') and allowed myself the time to just 'come down from anxiety mountain'.

Please, please, please say you'll go - wanting to is half the battle!

Lotsa Luvxxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

groovy granny your rally making me think now !

Why cant we just be normal.........I feel really positive tonight (prob the wine as well ! ) but I know as soon as I board the plane the TERROR and horrible thoughts will start and I'll want to get off....especially not allowing myself to have my rescue remedy with me.........

but is the feeling of Ive done it worth the weekend of anxiety ?

Hi Laura

Will Rescue Remedy really help you on the flight? Would you be happier if you could take it with you? If so then I can try and find out for you if they will let you take it on board as I work for an airline.

Let me know and I can look into it for you ok?

You can do this ok and we wish you all the luck and a fab holiday.

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

That would be great if you could find out....yeah it would make me feel a lot happier about going !

I am flying with easyjet.

Thank you all so much you are all wonderful people....

Laura.x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information