Thread: Stomach cancer. Scared!

Exclamation Stomach cancer. Scared!

I was feeling fine earlier but now I've been feeling faint/tiredish all of a sudden, loss of appetite (foods don't taste good), SEVERE stomach cramps that are on and off for about 5 minutes then goes away for awhile again. But the rest of the symptoms are still there and it's got me worried sick. I have been getting more wet burps that taste like vomit though so I'm really scared. :(

I have emetophobia and firstly I thought it could be the start of a stomach virus so I started to panic like crazy, but my bowel movements are fine and I don't feel nauseous that much.

So now, I'm thinking it could be stomach cancer or something. My parents and doctor assumes it's nothing since they say I'm 'too young' to have anything serious wrong with me but I'm not convinced. I'm seeing my doctor again in two weeks and telling them I want the endodscopy doing to see what's going on. Only then I will be convinced that it's nothing.

Besides cancer, the only thing I can think of is a possible stomach ulcer.

I've had anemia and H.Pylori tests done but they have found nothing. Blood and stool tests came back normal as well.

What do you think it could be?

.....and a ninja.

Re: Stomach cancer. Scared!

Could be IBS? Indigestion? As I am not your doctor I can't help much. I have been through the same symptoms though. My doctor prescribed me Omeprazole which helped a lot with my stomach troubles (cramping, reflux, that sort of thing) Anyway, best of luck to you.

hi rls, there is a good chance its your anxiety upsetting your stomach. As you know Ive been through all this and was convinced something was wrong with my digestive system. The scope proved I was totally clear not even a little inflammation. I would have the scope if you do think it will set your mind at ease but mine has just cleared up over the past two weeks and thats without any medication as none I tried really worked that well.

Hey, great profile pic! I have been in this exact same place before about 5 years ago. My Grandfather who I was very close to passed away due to stomach cancer so that's where my worry stemmed from. I was throwing up every day, lost about a stone and had burning and indigestion all the time. I did finally get an endoscopy and I was fine. I was diagnosed with acid reflux disease brought on by exessive stress. I know it's really hard not to think the worst but stomach cancer is one that is almost unheard of in young people.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Oh and if you do have an endoscopy, ask them to let you keep the picture they take. I still have mine to this day.

Hi guys! I'm feeling better today. A lot better. Don't know what caused it but it's gone now. I seem to get bad acid reflux flare ups after every week or so, it's weird.. I can go through a week feeling absolutely fine, then it starts again for a few days then disappears for a week again.

Murdock, do you like Sonic too then?

.....and a ninja.

Thread Information