Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us take medication?

Jem27 Guest

How many of us take medication?

I took dothiepin for 2 years then I was put on lofepramine earlier this year which didn't agree with me. Yesterday I started taking clomipramine, feel very tired/sick etc.....

I hate taking medication, I worry about serious side effects but also the risk of using them long term. Also I think counselling might be the way to go as taking tablets surely only covers the problem up.

Hi Jem, it depends on what your problems are and how they affect your life. I have stayed away fom drug therapy completely and have done everything as holisticaly as possible. My theory is that the drugs just cover up the problems. However if you are in a complete hole and finding things just too hard maybe some medication can lift you up until you feel strong enough to cope without.

It's not easy doing it meds-free but if you have good support (and you'll find loads here) and good family and freinds you can do it.

You are stronger than you think you are. and more courageous. x

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Louise,

I have 3 children, a fantastic husband and family but I do find it hard to not worry about my health but being on tablets makes me very anxious

hiya, you just need to do what you feel is best for you.
    shell xx

i have been taking prozac for 6 years and it stabilises me so i can function but i also have therapy to help with my problems because the tablets just treat the symptoms

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

I take sertraline 50mg daily, but only to help me as I make my way through Cognitive behvioual therapy (which is goiung REALLY well)!

Behavioural therapies provide the cure for anxiety disorders that no drug can!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

hi Jem,I have been taking medication for over 10 years.Came of them a few months ago for 3 months and had a relapse of my depression.You could ask to see a counsellor while taking the meds and then when you fell better you may be able to come of them.I have just been reffered again to see a counsellor.I saw one years ago and its good to open up and get things of your chest.
    Well done on starting the new medication,you did really well.

Ellen XX

allie

i'm pleased cbt is helping you unfortunately it doesnt work for everyone me included but am still working through my anxieties just in a different way

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Hi there

I take medication to enable me to go to counselling and tackle the root cause of my problems. The medication enables my symptoms to be under control to a greater degree and therefore I'm able to get through the counselling sessions. Hopefully when I'm through with the counselling then I'll be through with teh medication [^]

Hangtough

I take medication. I also try myself. I am trying to learn techniques to it so I dont need medication but I have serious depression and would not be here without meds I am sure.

Paul

Learning to under react

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information