Thread: I think I just lost out on my dream job...

I think I just lost out on my dream job...

All because of my stupid anxiety..!!

I've been applying for work for over 2 years now, and only gotten 3 interviews, 1 of which was today. Each interview before had the same problem; the employer telling me I was far too nervous for their liking. The only way I've made ends meet is with job seekers allowance and a temporary Christmas job. That Christmas job was thanks to a kind employer who purposefully looking for people like me who had no experience otherwise. Today I had a telephone interview for a Big Cat sanctuary in Kent. It's the perfect job for me; a mix of animal care and education. I spent all day yesterday researching their animals and the sanctuary's history, and the day before getting together notes on my CV, covering letter and work experience. Then when the interview began I just drew a blank..!! I couldn't answer any of the questions without sounding like a blithering idiot, and was only truly prepared for a single one of them - the first one about the sanctuary's history. I'm almost certain everyone is going to answer better than me and I'll receive word next week that I'm too nervous or lack the experience I failed to put across.

What am I supposed to do now? I'm suffering health anxiety all the while, I'm single, unemployed, stuck somewhere I don't want to be, unable to contact my friends while they're still at uni. If I can't get a job at the one place I've always thought I could work at then what good am I? ;( Sorry to rant, I'm just kicking myself as my mind keeps going through all the things I COULD have said in that interview.

Re: I think I just lost out on my dream job...

ok firstly you should not be on jsa if your Aniexty is debilitating you should be on esa a higher rate benefit and maybe dla. ask for a referral to the community mental health team from your doctor. they will appoint a support worker. On jsa or esa you can do voluntary work. perhaps at a local animal shelter it's unpaid but experience for your cv may build your confidence keep you busy and it's very rewarding. Cats protection where my cat came from are desperate for volunteers always. Do not beat yourself up other jobs will come. Today you have learnt what you need to do to prepare for an interview. Every cloud has a silver lining. Just maybe you were not ready to start work big hugs Hannah x x x

Re: I think I just lost out on my dream job...

Hi ESA is more appropriate but is based on , if you've paid enough NI in last 2 years & if u have a partner must work less than30 hours a week.

Thread Information