Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can anyone help with Ectopic heartbeat ??

Re: Can anyone help with Ectopic heartbeat ??

Quote Originally Posted by suzyq54 View Post
    hi nicky
    i suffer with ectopics really bad they are awful and feel like you.i am on propranalol to calm them which does work and i have also completely cut out chocolate, caffeine, sugar and sweetners especially aspartamine they are stimulants and alcohol is the biggy i have gone completely back to basics with regards to food and i know it sounds boring but if you are like me and want them to stop or at least decrease then you have to eat fresh foods fruit veg, drinking water etc it is working. hope you feel better pm me if you need more advice.

suzy
    Quote Originally Posted by magmagxy View Post
    dear all,

i really feel that im not alone anymore when come to here.. i've suffered this since i was young at 12 yrs old.. it gone and back again after so many yrs now especially after i delivered birth.. and it happens quite often nowadays.. really is "mentally abused" me.. make me feel annoyed and helpless...

it has no medication after seeing the cardiologist and all the check up showed normal... and i read one of the msg here saying it become worst after a big meal... yes it is true.. after i had my lunch the heart beats really drive me crazy.. since i know it is not a disease and no medication then how to get rid of this?!!

magmax

i suggest you try a heartburn remedy after your meal, i too get them after a meal i would also suggest you eat little and often rather than 3 main meals of the day and eat slower i found that helped. poor you i have only had these blasted ectopic beats for 4 years for you to have them since you were 12 is hard going. take care and hope that helps

Hi

to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too

I am not alone!

Dear All,
    I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your honesty, I've been suffering from Ectopic heart beats for more than 20 years, few years ago I was assured that they are harmless, but still terrifying feeling and in many occasions they triggered panic attack! It is long and unpleasant story. I agree with most of you, I always thought that they are stress and anxiety related (in my case) as I'm an anxious person, but very recently I realised that I get them mostly after a big meal and even worse if I drink a cup of tea! They usually go away after few hours, but I found exercising and a short nap helpful. After reading about your experience, I have to say that I am really sorry that we all suffer, but I am very very happy that I am not alone and have your support. Thank you very much

Hi there and to the site, a lot of good advice on here and a good chatroom as well , take care xx

i know it easy to say dont worry about them as i get them i use to go to bed really tired but as soon as i lay down i would be trying to go sleep but everytime i did i would hear my heart beat get louder and louder until i was in such a panic about it i would jump out of bed then when i finally got to sleep i would wake up dreaming and i would have most awfull panic attacks this would happen every night my heart would jump the more i worried the worse it got so i thought why dont this happen when i breathing normail well its beacuse i ignore my breathing so the best thing to do is ignore the heart beats and if you jump with fear again rub your arm i know this sounds silly but it works for me try it next time hope i have helped you julie

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

hi all....i get them a lot and like u all they are hell .,.,is it the end u think?.,,.,NO is the answer i must have had at least 10 ecg,s perfectly normal,,.,.,i find i get them really bad when i wake up next day after drinking wine or lager and smoking.,.,as i dont smoke when i dont drink ..,pathetic i know .,,so im trying hard to cut these down a hell of a lot ...but the more u get them the more u think s**tand that makes them worse,..,basically theres always something that triggers them off its finding out what it is.,,but they are the most evil things ever..,,hope this may have helped,.,.,i feek it alot just under the breast bone,.,.,its good to know 1000s even millions of people get them ,.it sort of calms udown good luck all .,.,.,alex

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Dear All,

After some persistance I managed to join and post on this site - I just wanted to thank you all for your comments about Ectopic Heartbeats. I found it hugely re-assuring to read what you all had to say, and to know I'm not (by a long way!) the only one this is happening to! :-)

I have had the odd one (if you can say that) for years, and waking up with pounding heart and shuddering body, but this last week it was very bad, almost non-stop with some (slight) pain in my heart area at times, and I finally got myself to the GP who could hear what was going on (though the ECT didn't show up anything - embarrassing!), and has asked me to come back for a fasting blood test. It sounds like this is pretty standard.

I found the advice on diet helpful, and will try to cut out caffeine (I have recently started drinking a small bottle of diet coke a day again, which I had stopped drinking for a couple of years), chocolate (I love it and eat daily!) and Aspartane (which I also have a lot of). Bummer, but if it helps ...

It helped me to hear how other people find the feelings unpleasant. I work FT, and have to present things to groups of people, etc. and have found it quite hard that I suddenly feel my heart and kind of run out of steam - I suddenly feel weak and energy-less, clammy, slightly dizzy and quite insecure. It's so good to hear you guys have felt similar things - it kind of makes it ok for me to feel that way. And to know it isn't dangerous as well.

Anyway - I wish you all the best. And thank you so much again for being there!

Ix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information