Thread: Constant depersonalisation/derealisation really scared im going insane :(

Constant depersonalisation/derealisation really scared im going insane :(

Hiya everyone my name is Lucia i am 23 years old and ive been suffering with anxiety for as long as i can remember first started to get panic attacks as a child i have always been a very anxious person and tend to worry about anything and everything.
    I was just wondering if anyone could relate to me or offer some advise just recently it feels like im constantly anxious for no reason feel very depressed but whats been bothering me the most is this feeling of derealisation/depersonalisation ive had it constant for the past 5 months and its really scaring me into thinking its going to turn into something worse : ( I keep worrying this is the start of schizophrenia or i am going mad sorry to sound so irrational but this is really something that bothers me. I feel so out of it all the time and have weird thoughts like am i really here even though i know i am and when i look in the mirror its like its not even me even though i know it is. Its like im typing this now but it doesnt feel like me doing it it really is such a horrible feeling i have been a member of this site for a good while but have put off posting this because i didnt want to come across as stupid i feel guilty for feeling like this because i have a beautiful 2 year old boy who i love to bits. I wish i could just be happy and didnt have to feel like this everyday this is why the derealisation scares me so much im scared of going mad i dont want that to happen when ive got my little boy to look after. Really sorry for such a long post i just wanted to know if what im feeling is normal with anxiety and am hoping someone could give me some reassurance. Thankyou to anyone who takes the time to read my post wish none of us had to suffer this dreadful thing x x

Re: Constant depersonalisation/derealisation really scared im going insane :(

i can relate to this sometimes i feel like my arms are not my own or im doing something and it feels like its not me or im walking down the road and i feel like im in a bubble and not a part of whats going on

its a very common anxiety sympton and its just the brains way of coping with high stress levels it goes away once the stress and anxiety is dealt with next time this happens pinch or slap yourself not too hard lol

Re: Constant depersonalisation/derealisation really scared im going insane :(

Hey I just though I'd comment to show some support for you >.< here's something my friend said to me .. If you think you're going crazy you are defiantly not
    I found my symptoms set themselves off for a few months then settled down once I'd got myself into a relaxing routine ( eg bed 11 , relaxing ex , book then sleep )
    Either way , hope things settle down for you soon x

Thread Information