Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perimenopause???

Perimenopause???

Hi, I'm now on day 17 of my period which is very red again and usually only comes out when I pee(tmi). It started as a normal period 17 days ago, I bled for 4 days then it turned brown for about a week then went like maroon red lol and now back to red again, it's driving me crazy. Last months period lasted 10 days and when I think about it for the past 18 months or so my period has been slightly heavier and more red. I'm constantly checking terrified I'm going to bleed out and die : ( I know that's not going to happen but my fluffy head doesn't want to believe me. Only other symptoms I've had were my breasts were sorer for longer than normal and heart racing and feeling sicky but that could be due to me panicking. My Dr took swabs 2 weeks ago which came back clear and took my smear while I was there which I'm waiting on the results of. She's referred me for a scan to see if anything is going on...sooooo scared I'm barely functioning. Please help : )

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

Started with small clots now too : (

Re: Perimenopause???

I haven't had a period for 8 months now but prior to this mine went a lot like how you are describing.

Did you pass clots too Annie? I've just phoned my go and they said from the internal exam I had there was nothing to suggest anything to really worry about. I wish I could stop worrying so much. The blood is like fire engine red too. Eeek why can't I be normal.

Yes I did, it was very heavy bleeding. I had a polyp in my uterus as well but that will show on a scan and is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for replying, im so worried. The scan letter my dr sent is just for a routine scan so she's obviously not worried and I just spoke to the practice nurse who told me not to worry as I wont hemorrhage wish I xould believe her.

I am sure from my own experience that it is nothing at all to worry about.

Here's hoping so I'm off to Liverpool to watch the match in a couple of hours and its a 3hour drive so I hope I'm ok.

You have made me sooooo jealous now!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a Liverpool supporter

Oh yay let's hope we win then lol.

Me again. So now the bleeding has got heavier with more clots this is so abnormal for me. I have a phobia of meds and thr drs have given me ponstan (mefenamic acid) are they good and are they safe to take? So low right now.

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Ive this dreaded feeling something really bad is going to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information