Thread: Feels like flu.....

Feels like flu.....

I've woke up this morning and I feel like I have the flu, but without the sneezes and coughs. Energyless, a bit dizzy and a bit achey. I feel real run down. Can anxiety cause this feeling too and does anyone else feel like this from time to time??

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Influenza causes the body to release anti-bodies into the blood stream to attack the virus.
    This combination of anti-bodies and infection makes the body feel weak, sweaty and painfull.
    Anxiety can have a simular effect, weaking the muscles, making you clammy and achy.

When my anxiety is wesring off i get very tired and achy. Perhaps your the same???

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago - I had absolutely no energy, I ached all over, I felt I was dragging my body around, felt cold, just really rough, and was falling asleep at 8pm and waking at 8am. This lasted for about 3 days I think. I don't know if it was where I had worn myself down completely with anxiety, or if it was a viral thing, but it didn't last too long. Hopefully yours won't either!

I'm in the middle of recovery and I'm knackered and achy some days!

You can also get muscle aches due to the tension in your muscles that occurs when your anxious! I usually start to notice the aching after a particulary bad/stressful day!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

Hi Dan

My daughter was at the doctors this morning with the same symptoms and she is usually as fit as a fiddle. The doctor told her that there are loads of 'flu' like viruses going round at the moment and unfortunately she has managed to pick one up. I've just got back from my friends house and she is in bed with the same virus. According to the doctor it lasts for between 3 and 4 days. If you're unlucky enough to have picked up the same virus get lots of rest and drink loads of fluids

Take care

Clare

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

Hi Clare,

Thanks for the reply. I feel a little bit better today, but still not quite right. I hope it is a virus, I'll see how things pan out over the weekend. I might just take things easy for a while too.

D

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Hi Dan,i went to the drs for the same symptoms..i asked him outright 'is this my anxiety causing me to fee so ill?'He said it could be or it could be viral,either way not a magic pill to cure it!I get this a lot you see,same symptoms throughout the year.Soi decided thati would ignore it !Well ,not let it get the better of me ,and it is working Dan!I still feel poorly,but am not dwelling onit or lettingit frighten me.Going on holiday later today[could not have done that before feeling this way!]So go with it hun,dont look at it or analyse it,just let it be what it is,something rather unpleasent that willpass!Bit like toothache!Feel better soon .love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

sfdsf

erewr wer ewrewrwer ewr ewr we

Thread Information