Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is taking Diazapam cheating?

Re: Is taking Diazapam cheating?

2mg Diazepam does not work well on me either. I find Lorazepam much better (only when needed) and break a 1mg into pieces to take on a bad day. I am not frightened of medication, but I am worried about Benzo dependancy

ive given in , i took the emergency diazepam 9mg in total in a day , after experiancing anxiety attacks all week and my dad passing away in same week im in shock , went to docs yeaterday and was told she was reluctant to give me any , i asked for her to give me something else . dont think she was sympathetic enough but just to fob me off to my councilar in 3 days time . I feel withou medication diazepam im not coping ,she did give me 15 2mgs to get me thro the week but was reluctant and said to take them when needed and gradually withdraw from them again , then reminding me of the withdrawal symptoms il experiance again and the HELP she was giving me to get over my addiction....feel more ill with worry i cant focus .

Like ruthless I get far more relief from Loraxepam than Diazepam and as my doctor knows me well he knows that I don't abuse this drug. I am also quite medication sensitive, especialy SSRI's and addictive or not I have been on the same dosage of 2mg a day for 7 years without the need to take more.

What are early withdrawal signs?

I've been taking 2 x 2mg a day at least for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes 6mg a day. I find that a few hours after taking one I get very shakey all over my body.

Or is that unrelated? I'm very sensitive to medication. I know there are alot of people on here who laugh at me for taking such small doses but that's you, not me.

Thank you to those who have mentioned Loraxepam, I've never heard of that one.
    Is it in the same group as Diazepam?

In what way do you find it more beneficial? I'm only asking as, fingers crossed it doesn't happen, if I do ever find that I need extra help again, I might like to try it

Steve it doesn't matter what dose you're on just so long as it's helping you

Yes it is Auntie, but about 2 to 3 times stronger.Again a short life pill of about 5 hours.

Thank you Ricardo I will do some research into it as I'm sure that would be more beneficial to me too

Like ruthless I get far more relief from Loraxepam than Diazepam and as my doctor knows me well he knows that I don't abuse this drug. I am also quite medication sensitive, especialy SSRI's and addictive or not I have been on the same dosage of 2mg a day for 7 years without the need to take more.
    Thanks for that. Lorazepam is my lifesaver but I rarely take more than .05mg a day and not every day. It helps so much that I'm frightened I will become addicted/dependant and need to up the dose
    I have also been trying Propanolol this last 2 days. I really don't like how it makes me feel. My face felt numb last night, and I felt quite weird

im the opposite i take when im shakey a diazepam , i took 4mg yesterday morning and didnt take anymore all day , i tried to be busy ,well kept busy ....but waking up in the night with sweats and shakiness last night and still having trouble comming around this morning, i have burning sensation in my hands and sweat is pouring down my back ....really on the edge of taking 2 mg , i find it helps me relax and shakiness stops ,but i also feel tired , which i try to fight by keeping awake , as i know the diazepam dont last for hrs , i like to feel it work reducing the shakeys and then i wear myself out to have a sleep later . I suppose it works different ways for others ...

cazzy

Like all drugs they do work differently for each individual.
    It depends on your anxiety levels and again each one of us is different.
    The knack used to be for me to take one half an hour before I had to go somewhere or even meet someone be it in my house or elsewhere and it took the dege off my panic or anxiety.
    Now I have unfortunately gone down hill a bit and still take Lorazepam not out of habit or dependancy but because it gets me through the day but I do have blips.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information