Thread: Don't feel like I am getting better

Don't feel like I am getting better

Hi I'm damita, 27 years old, married and mum of a 6 month old little girl. I've suffered depression since I was 11 but managed to control it well. Two years ago I had left Uni and couldn't find a job then I had to do training far away from my house and had my first panic attack then went on to conceive my daughter via clomid and started a job at a call centre which I hated, fast forward a year I've had cbt for a year a do half and been on anti ds for 5 months.

I can't leave the house, the idea of going out to baby group send me in a cold sweat, it's got worse since I got a return to work letter a month ago - the idea of returning upsets me.

Today I have baby swimming - my mother in law is coming with but I having what I would say is a panic attack, I just want to hide I don't want to leave the house. I've only been out a few times with my daughter on my own thats only o go to the doctors.

Will it ever get better?

Re: Don't feel like I am getting better

Hiya it will get better ! I've been in a similar situation and it has for me I'm not there yet but getting ther , the more you push yourself to do you really will move forward when I was first starting getting out I just to just remind myself I could leave at any point nobody will be bothered and you will definitely feel better for going x

Thank you how did you get over leaving the house the first few times? Baby swimming went well she loved it I'm so glad I went

Thank you how did you get over leaving the house the first few times? Baby swimming went well she loved it I'm so glad I went
    Hi
    I'm really pleased you went swimming. You will get better - just try to be patient and take it easy on yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
    Hi
    I'm really pleased you went swimming. You will get better - just try to be patient and take it easy on yourself
    Thank you - I'm still finding it hard some days :( I wish I could just let go and stop thinking that everyone is judging me so I could take my daughter out more

Thread Information