Thread: Awkward..

Awkward..

Hey...I've left this a few days and done other posts, because I just have that awkward feeling. I'm sure most of you can relate to that.

I'm Kaylee, 26 from Yorkshire. I've been dealing with an anxiety disorder since I was 18. I was perfectly fine until one day I just had a pretty bad panic attack, whilst in a lecture at uni. Then I ended up having to get out of there, and went into the woods by myself. Not exactly the best of plans, totally didn't realise it at the time, I had no idea what was happening. Now I have them quite consistently, and live my life in a heightened state of anxiety most days. I've stuck myself to my routine, and my little ways for a very long time now. Riddled with issues, but, coming to terms with it is the first step right?

I finally took the big step after 8 years of suffering alone to get help from the doctor, and stop burying my head in the sand. It is hard facing reality, and putting myself out there, but the end goal is there, and I'm reaching for it. My doctor seems to be a really nice guy, and helpful. I hope it stays that way.

I'm very glad I found NMP, just knowing other people are in exactly the same position and I'm not crazy brings a lot of comfort. Obviously, I'd rather none of us felt like this at all .

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hi Punkachoo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Awkward..

Hi

Hi Kaylee. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined. There's plenty of advice and support here. You're not alone. All the best.

Mark from Yorkshire

Thanks guys

And yes Mark, already glad I've joined. Feel much more, aware of everything if that makes sense.

Hi & welcome, Punkachoo

Hello and welcome Kaylee

I joined at the weekend and like you I'm so glad I found this forum. I have never joined anything like this before, mainly due to my own shyness, but I have already received a lot of supportive messages and it is good to know we are not alone

I am a similar age to you (28) and also starting to take the steps I need to beat this, having felt like I have suffered in silence for several years. I don't know why I didn't get help sooner - I must have been scared people viewed it as a weakness, when in fact it takes a lot of strength to come forward and get the help that you need.

I am glad you have found a supportive and understanding doctor and hope things will improve for you soon. The most important thing (as I have been told by many people) is to take small steps at a time.

Take care,
    Catherine x
    Last edited by Catherine84; 25-02-13 at 19:49.

Thanks Catherine. Yeah like you, general shyness would normally stop me from posting on any type of forum. But, I bit the bullet with this one, and I'm glad I did. Already had understanding that I've never had before as I don't know anyone who suffers from the same thing.

Glad you're finally taking the steps to go forward and get better. I viewed it all exactly like how you describe. I felt weak, and slightly crazy, that no one would understand. And then I figured it was just me, so I would deal with it alone and get better. That was in the first few months, and I got stuck in that mind set for years and years until just a few weeks ago after a bad panic attack, and for the first time, for two solid days after I just slept. I only woke up when the phone went off, was completely out of it, then went straight back to sleep again. It scared me into doing something. Also the fact I had explained everything to my mum, she pushed me into doing something. Couldn't be more grateful for that. Even though it's hard, and it stresses me out, I know she wants the best for me. And, so do I. And that'll only happen by reaching out.

Thank you again for your message, I hope you feel better soon. Take care!

Hi Kaylee,

It's no problem - we are all here to help and offer support

Feel free to PM me if you need a chat

Take care,
    Catherine x

Hey K&co, I feel your pain. I'm sure you are not failing your family, and do the best you can. I'm sure they understand. I hope things get better for you, I really do! Take care.

Thread Information