Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding, flat stool, gas: NOT colon cancer

Bleeding, flat stool, gas: NOT colon cancer

As I know these issues come up a lot here, I just wanted to let everyone know that I had excessive gas, red blood with BM twice in one day and flat / thin / low-caliber stool and I just got back from a colonoscopy that didn't show so much as a polyp - so for those of you freaking out about this - as I was - know that its probably nothing serious - especially if you're under 50. That's not to say don't go get it checked out, but I thought it would help to know that in my case - and many others - there was no cancer diagnosis waiting for me after the scope.

Re: Bleeding, flat stool, gas: NOT colon cancer

A big relief I bet, good for you

I had flat stools for 2 months. Convinced it was bowel but nothing bad in there. I think stressing made it go on so long. Not had it since. Shame Im now worried about lungs. Ct results imminent.

Andrea, I don't know your particular story, but since you indicated that you've had fears about at least two different types of cancers, perhaps this post I wrote will help - it's rather long, but maybe it will help you know that you're not alone and that you will be fine

It won't let me post a link because I don't have enough posts, but if you look for a post titled "I've been there..." that's it.

Hope it helps!

Just read it. Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that with me. I have come close to being admitted to psych ward with this myself. Its ruining my kids lives. That just want Mum to be happy and it upsets them. My ex tells them Im worried about cancer which leaves my 6 year old very scared and confused and my 13 year old reassuring me Ill be ok. Way too much for them to be dealing with but as much as it tears me apart I can't hide things and pretend Im ok. Thats the thing my partner finds hardest, that I can't protect my kids by not letting them see this. My parents also struggle with the kids being involved.

Im doing cbt but when Im mid-crisis like at the moment it doesn't help. Then people think Im giving up and I dont want help. They are SO wrong. I want to be able to have a life and for my children to have the lives they deserve.

I am feeling this right now and scared

This is a great post and I'm sure it will give reassurance to many people who fear they may have colon cancer. Really pleased things turned out well for you!

YAY! Praise the Lord!

Oh my god, thank you for this!

In my case I have blood flat loose small stools gas etc first noticed streaks of red in my stool 7/8 years ago and was to scared to get it checked so naturally I'm scared I got cancer and it's gonna be to late..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information