Thread: Done with mammogram and ultrasound

Done with mammogram and ultrasound

just got back home from the hospital had my mammo and ultrasound..the hardest part is to WAIT for the result as i am really panicking and thinking about it all the time,I had my mammo first and the nurse showed me the images and said i think its ok,quite relief there butwhen i was doin the ultrasound i was looking at the face of the nurse and she looks serious and that really bothers me and when its done she said the doctor will talk to you about the result..Wooow a big wave of fear came in...am i just thinking what if or is there something about what she said? im so anxious now

Re: Done with mammogram and ultrasound

I worried myself and had made it up in my head that the nurse face changed and the way she was speaking to me. Turned out it was all in my head and was nothing of the sort i think we pay attention to things that arent there out of worry with appointments

I was convinced that the radiologist doing my liver ultrasound was pulling faces as she did it I was sure it was bad, but in the end it was all good.

thankyou jayredand Eek when we are into our anxious thoughts nothing seems right everything means disaster..i hope all test will turnout just fine

Snap when I had my breast ultrasound the doctor did the examination told me to get dressed then he'd talk to me, I honestly could have collapsed there and then, I threw my clothes on couldnt even tell u at the time what went where, only to be told everything was normal x

thanks Rebeccad this had been so much of a stressed for me...

I thought the radiologist looked really concerned at my abdo ultrasound and spent ages looking at my kidneys which really freaked me out as I was supposed to be having my ovaries looked at. It was all fine in the end though. I think that as anxious people we just read into every little thing.

A thread on the very thing that started off my anxiety (not health) last week.

I went the other week for my routine mammogram and the radiographer had her monitor facing in my direction (the one they use to make sure the breast is in the right position).

There on the screen in the middle of my boob was a brilliant white peasize/shape object. Of course I mentioned it to her, she went red and quickly turned the monitor to face the wall (it's proper position).

As you can imagine my mouth went dry and when I got home phoned up the cancer helpline. The next 11 days were horrendous. I knew people who had had mastectomies and they looked so well but that wasn't enough. I was worrying about my children who although are grown up are still at home and I am the carer of one.

Anyway 11 days later the letter came saying there was no sign of cancer so that was something. Friday I was okay, Saturday as well then ten o'clock that night a big black cloud descended over me and I couldn't stop crying it was with me Sunday, a thousand butterflies were in my stomach and all I could think about was never seeing my children again. I went to the doctor Monday and she was very understanding and put me on Cipralex (I was on this four years ago).

I have put in a formal complaint to Breast Test Wales regarding the inappropriate position of the monitor.

thanks to all your post really helps me think and pause for a while, almamatters and trixie

Thread Information