Thread: Lumpy left breast pain

Lumpy left breast pain

Hello
    This is my first post. I have found this site such a great way to pick up info and calm down, so thank you.

I have got myself into a bit of a state and hoping that others can share experiences. I'm mid 40's and have two kids. About 6 weeks ago I woke up with a really sore left breast. Underneath and on the nipple and it felt like a massive bruise. I of course went into a complete meltdown but after two days the pain subsided. It was ten days after the start of my period. Went to the docs and she examined me and said that it all felt like normal breast tissue, my breasts are very lumpy but lots of women have lumpy breasts.

I was mildly reassured but those words (your breasts are very lumpy) panicked me and I couldn't stop checking my breasts and googling. I know, I know... what can you do! I was checking all the time, locking myself in the toilet, spending hours checking when I should have been working ( I work from home) and my HA was sky high. Went to see another doctor about anxiety and she was very nice, gave me a tissue and suggested some medication for the panic.

So I was reassured for another two weeks and didn't touch my breasts. Then last week, the week before my period the breast became really sore again, down the left side and beside the breast in the tissue under the arm beside the ribs and above the breast. It was really aching and lumpy. Then this week AF arrives and the pain subsides slightly but still sore down the sides and really lumpy. Last night i couldn't sleep from the absolute fear and terror I was creating by checking and googling and as I was checking during my period, couldn't believe the lumps and bumps that were there. Thr lumps seemed to have calmed down first thing this morning but now they are really tender and big and my breasts are swollen.

I have an appointment at the doc on Friday and I am going to ask to be referred to the breast clinic. I cannot bear this awful feeling. I'm pretty sure that this is hormonal. I'm probably heading for the menopause but I'm so freaked out by all the lumps and bumps and the aching pain and it's only in one breast. I keep wishing it was on both sides. I have no idea what lumps were there before and what are there now and if they are ok and the trouble with breasts is you have no idea what is in there!

I am so sorry to have gone on, but I feel like I'm at the end of my tether. I'm sitting here crying with the worry, not eating properly or sleeping and dreading further tests that may come.

Thanks for reading.

M

Re: Lumpy left breast pain

How did you get on at the drs asking for the referral? I too have a lumpy breast my left one and I get aches and pains in it all the time. I know how you feel-the panic is unbearable. I think you're right though that its just hormonal.xxxx

Thread Information