Thread: Social Anxiety?

Social Anxiety?

Hi All

Not sure if this comes under the social anxiety category but hoping people can relate to or might know what this could be? Over the years I've had banter with friends and colleagues at work and any comments of any nature have just been taken as a laugh/banter. Recently however, I've been taking such comments personally and has began to lower my self-asteem, making me feel unwanted and just the feeling that everyone hates me. I am a quite/shy person anyway which I think makes me more vulnerable to name calling etc than most people, but I never give anyone any valid reason to say any so-called banter comments made towards me. I have tried numerous times to change the way I am towards people but that doesn't make any difference. Sometimes I wish I was a different person and would speak more and become more involved in conversations but just can't seem to say anything/say the right thing. If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful

Many Thanks
    Phil

Re: Social Anxiety?

I can relate to your situation as I have problems with social anxiety. You have to keep up your social engagements to stop yourself from becoming agoraphobic, it creeps up on you slowly...........

Most people are not vindictive by nature therefore would not intentionally hurt you.

Speak to your GP about having CBT to help you with your anxiety and self confidence issues. Perhaps your local surgery has an in house counselling service.

BobbyDog

Re: Social Anxiety?

I also have problems with banter, I don't like banter when it gets personal. If people overstep the mark with me I'll let them know about it.

Thread Information