Thread: Started my 'Period' on Monday but its just brown...

Started my 'Period' on Monday but its just brown...

Im on cerazzette, so dont really have periods! I had pain in my ovary before this started then when it started it completely stopped and not hurt me since? It was quite thick on Monday and very dark not its lighter and watery (sorry TMI)

Could this be infection? My doc said my cervix is inflamed? But i dont know why it would cause period pain at the start?

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

No one? This is not good! x

Re: Started my 'Period' on Monday but its just brown...

Hi

We have quite a few posts on here about brown periods - apparently it is old blood and is common and normal.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It does sound like a late period but if your doctor thought it was an infection then it possibly could be. Since the doctor wasn't too worried then I wouldn't be. Hopefully your scan appointment will come soon and that will reassure you.

Yea, I was ok after I saw my doc On Friday until now! I have a follow up app about my Stretaline on the 8th, so I'm going to mention it then! Hopefully it will have stopped though! It seems that all problems down there are all very similar, so whilst I have all the symptoms of some form of infection they are the same as cancer!

It annoys me how my cervix is inflamed and they think its an infection they havent tested for but they are just going to leave it! If I hadn't of nagged for a scan they wouldnt of given me it at all xx

The swabs would have shown if it was cancer. Hopefully you will get your scan appointment soon then you can be really reassured. It is such a nuisance though when you are getting so much bleeding :(

I know :( I've just been to the loo and there was just a little but of bright red blood! Im really tempted to go back to the docs and see the nice doc I saw on Friday. I just think its an infection and I dont need a scan , couldnt they give me anti biotics? x

If it was thrush I am not sure they would give you antibiotics as they can actually cause thrush.

Yea, its not thrush though cause they have tested me for the specifically :( xx

Thread Information