Thread: A friendly newby.....

A friendly newby.....

Morning everyone....

At last, a website where the likelihood of somebody understanding our condition is virtually 100%.

It's time to turn the negatives into positives, the rain into shine and the sadness into a smile.

I am turned 50 with a lifetime of real depressive illness, it started at 12 and to be fair hasn't been constant. However, since my Mum passed 10 months ago it has been. I have dipped my toe into citalopram waters before but didn't see it through. Now I will.

I'm into my second week of 20mg, I keep fit, my diet is good, my moods are lifting, my sleep is rank bad. I intend to use this forum to try and help others, not to focus on me. The first piece will be, obviously, but after that, I'll concentrate on others. I will log my feelings, I will log what I have done to undertand the medication more. From what I have read, there are score of people out there going through hell. It doesn't have to be like that.

Tiny little life changes unlike a myriad complex self promises, a regular plan of action, an understanding. Care and love are the vital key ingredients. Only 'real' sufferers of depression know how you feel.

It's time to look for things out of the window instaed of just staring at them......

x

John

Thanks for reading

Hi JohnnyH

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: A friendly newby.....

Hi John. I'm 4 years behind you and my major anxiety started at 12 too (due to a life-threatening medical matter).

You'll find lots of help and support here.

Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

to the forum

Hello jhonny in this forum.

Thread Information