Thread: all new to this!

all new to this!

hey everyone!

been recommended to join this website!

basically the last 2 months have been the most strangest and scariest time, started uni last september however got very poorly with shingles decided to leave uni as i was very unhappy there, became very low, not myself!

went to the doctors and was prescribed setraline, wish i never ever went on it as it gave me horrific panic attacks, stopped taking it after only having 3 tablets of the stuff and now i have been left with anxiety, always feel like im worried about having another panic attack! i've even had to be on beta blockers to calm everything down. however not taking any meds at the moment as i feel that i want to overcome this without using them.

ive been getting a strange feeling of things being unreal really freaks me out :(

recently just bought a puppy to take my mind of things and reapplied to a uni closer to home for next september so just waiting to hear back from them

would be nice to talk to some people who are going through a similar situation

thanks for reading my post!

xxxx

Re: all new to this!

Hi Welcome..oh I have had shingles twice, it isn't nice :( I am sure you will find lots of support here.

Hi carmen1993

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Welcome to the forums. You sound like you've come a long way in a short period of time, if you feel you no longer need your beta blockers. It is good that you now have the confidence to apply for another university course.

Welcome Carmen. Hope you find as much support here as I have over the past few months.

in this forum i don't have shingles in my life but hope you get help in this forum.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Thread Information