Thread: Awaiting scan results

Awaiting scan results

I had an abdominal ultra scan on Wednesday, do you think if they saw anything sinister they would of rang me straight away?

Re: Awaiting scan results

Hi maybrooke, I know here in Ireland for general scan or test results they say they'll give you answers within 10 days, but for serious results they get in touch straight away. I know we live in different countries, but I'm sure that it's similar where you live.

I had an endoscopy last year and in fact they saw something unusual and told me right there in the exam room. They didn't elaborate except to say that they had seen an unusual area in my stomach and took a biopsy to check it out. Of course I spent the next week trying to get the thought of stomach cancer out of my head, but they told me they'd be in touch very quickly if it was a serious result. It turned out to be nothing thank goodness!

Re: Awaiting scan results

Aww thank you honeylove , I'm scared stiff of the big C word : ( they did say they could see gallstones, but I was in such a state I don't think they would of told me if their was anything sinister, I did ask the radiographer but she said she couldn't see anything else, but not sure if she was just trying to calm me down. Do you think they would of said if they could see? X x

Thread Information