Hi Everyone,

Well, after a great period of handling my anxiety really well, something has come up that has sent me right into panic mode!

Due to my palpitations, which are brought on by chocolate (caffeine), and stress, my GP agreed to put me on a 24hr ECG, to put my mind at rest that what was happening was normal, brought on mainly by anxiety, and harmless.

HOWEVER.

I had the 24hr ECG last week, I deliberately came home and ate some chocolate to bring on a few palpitations. Which it did, one of the was quite a good 'thump', and I was quite pleased that at least I could say to my GP, "that's what happens".

They told me that it would be up to 10 working days to get the results.

Today though, a letter has landed on my door saying that I have to go to the Bracknell Cardiology clinic, for ANOTHER ECG monitor. This is on the 3rd of April. They haven'tticked the box to say if it's a 24hr ECG again, or longer this time.

Thing is, I have NO CLUE, if they have seen a problem, if the ECG didn't work properly the first time, if there is reason to worry, and of course this has sent me straight into anxiety mode.

I have called NHS Direct, who can't tell me anything. I called the Bracknell Clinic, who can't tell me anything until Monday. I then called my GP surgery and have requested a call back from the emergency doctor, with the hope that he/she can access my records as then they can see the report sent to the hospital.

Has anyone else had this? I'm very scared right now and would really appreciate the benefit of someone's experience with this.

Thank you.