Thread: reappearing rash on forearms

reappearing rash on forearms

two weeks ago I noticed blotchy red rash on both my arms, around my elbows. I haven't changed detergents and i'm not allergic to anything and also I have no other symptoms. The rash randomly shows up, and goes away with an hour. Today it showed up and spread near my armpit, on my right arm. The rash burns and feels like a big rug burn but when I told my aunt that's a nurse, she asked me about sweating or allergic reactions but I haven't been sweating at all and no allergic reactions. I normally wear short sleeved t-shirts so its not irritated by anything.

It seems to be worse on my right arm, and it spreads quickly but fades. I've ruled out lots of things from an MRI early this month (of my brain) so this really stumps me, i'm making a doctors appointment tomorrow morning but I have this feeling she will say its a reaction and send me out the door (I know its not a reaction anyway..)

(I don't smoke, drink and I haven't traveled anywhere)

Re: reappearing rash on forearms

This sounds like an allergic reaction, it seems it's not high enough dosages (what-ever it is) to cause you swelling of the throat feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic Manic View Post
    This sounds like an allergic reaction, it seems it's not high enough dosages (what-ever it is) to cause you swelling of the throat feeling.
    I can breath fine. I have no headaches or stomachaches. Just the strange reappearing rash!

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Ok so I was just talking to my mother and I just had a light bulb moment. The rash is on my arms, and it started appearing when we had new carpet installed in our home and I've been laying on the floor a lot, playing with my dog. That would explain why its not on my legs or other regions.

How can I be allergic to carpet? That's so weird! I really hope this is it, i'm going to stop laying on the floor and see what that does. I feel silly now

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    I can breath fine. I have no headaches or stomachaches. Just the strange reappearing rash!

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Ok so I was just talking to my mother and I just had a light bulb moment. The rash is on my arms, and it started appearing when we had new carpet installed in our home and I've been laying on the floor a lot, playing with my dog. That would explain why its not on my legs or other regions.

How can I be allergic to carpet? That's so weird! I really hope this is it, i'm going to stop laying on the floor and see what that does. I feel silly now
    Yeah, I'm allergic to wool and some carpets give me rashes.

Thread Information