Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna face the fear (of flying) and on my own

Re: Gonna face the fear (of flying) and on my own

Ooooh, I thought this might happen this week but I'm not sure it will now. If it isnt this week, I hope its next. I dont want to have to keep waiting. I emailed my colleague who organises the visits to remind him I want to go..... (want??? er no, am making myself go!!). Anyway, all I did was send am email but that was like arrrgghhhhhhh. Still, I feel committed to doing it now. I am going to get on that plane on my own. I am. So there.

So proud of you! You are going to do a great job.

Trust me there was no one more frightened of going on a plane than me.
    The first time was to ibiza so called friends of mine were taking bets I couldnt do it.
    I went on and couldnt wait for the holiday to end so I could go on the plane again.
    You wont be on your own there is air stewards and stewardeses and passengers that will give you support.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Thanks peoples, its nice to know that you've got backup! Either here or on the plane. I would probably just sit there scared as hell but not say anything. Story of my life hiding my emotions. But I am determined I will cope.
    GP: when I flew for the first time (to USA) my friends expected me to run away at the airport but I didnt. Once I make my mind up to do things I will do them!!
    I now know it will be the week after next.... It would have been next week if my colleague hadnt jumped in & booked himself instead.
    What I'm hoping is that it works out ok & I enjoy it, then I could do it every couple of weeks if I wanted. Will have to see how it goes! Meanwhile I seem able not to think about it.
    That's something I have learned, not to spend hours, days, weeks worrying about things that might never happen. No point!! It'll come when the time is right.

I will send lots of little friends to help you on the way..they are desperate to fly
    They are all happy friends

Cheers Annie, this is probably wot I will look like.....

But on the way back you will be

Generally speaking, once we land I feel quite elated. I actually i find take off and landing really enthralling, it's once you are up there I get rather edgy, Especially long flights. I don't like it when you are climbing, let alone zooming along the runway. I can remember on a 747 flying out of Singapore I was getting scared as it took so long to get off the ground. I try not to think specifics when it comes to what is actually happening. I've had turbulent flights too so I have experienced fear. I'm going to do it regardless. The sense of achievement will be something else especially as I will be doing it on my own (as in getting there, checking in etc, I haven't done that on my own before). I know on the plane there are people around. I think I am going to stop thinking about it now but in 2weeks it's gonna be full on!!!!!

I am okay once we are up in the air, it is the take off and landing that I hate. I grab hold off hubby's thumb when we land and use it like a throttle to pull back and stop the plane One of these days I will break it. He is so patient bless him When my oldest son is with us he gets sick of me asking questions because he did his degree in aerospace engineering. Every time the noise of the engines change or any other noises he has to explain to me what is happening

Good luck Tessar. I hope it goes well for you!!!

Your braver than I am!! lol

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information