Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna face the fear (of flying) and on my own

Re: Gonna face the fear (of flying) and on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I am okay once we are up in the air, it is the take off and landing that I hate. I grab hold off hubby's thumb when we land and use it like a throttle to pull back and stop the plane One of these days I will break it. He is so patient bless him When my oldest son is with us he gets sick of me asking questions because he did his degree in aerospace engineering. Every time the noise of the engines change or any other noises he has to explain to me what is happening
    I don't like it when the engines change note, goodness knows what I'll be like on my own but then with no-one to get worried with, perhaps instead I can comfort myself.

Everyone's brave, Peter...INCLUDING YOU!!!

Just remember that my son said all the changes in noises are for a good reason (and I won't tell you what I am thinking on that one!)

.... and again, still no idea when this will be, prob week after next... but getting rather fed up with them putting it off. good job I havent been worrying about it or I'd be ridiculously anxious by now.

Please everybody ........fingers crossed for good weather on Thurs 2nd May because that's when I am most likely doing these flights. I am feeling a little apprehensive right now but that's only because it seems more real. I'm going to forget about it til the day comes (other than making sure I know where I'm going, where to park & get the taxi at the other end etc but my colleagues who do this trip regularly can advise me on all that!!!).

That is the same day as my next physio so you can think of me being tortured to take your mind of the flight. You are going to be just fine I am excited for you

I will be thinking of you on that day Tessar.
    feel the fear --and do it anyway.
    All the best

Ok Annie.... You're on.
    Thanku Magic.... It is a case of facing the fear. Throughout my life I have only done scary things with other people. This time I decided I'd like to achieve it for myself, to go it alone. Actually I'm more concerned about the actual getting to the airport, parking, checking in etc than actually being on the plane. I can cope with the flight I am sure.
    It's also the responsibility I'll have in taking a load of documents with me (important ones) & finding my way there to an office I've never been to...... Plus, sounds ridiculous I know, but I'llhave to get a taxi at the other end & I've never done that on my own either.
    So it will be so full on either side of the flights I don't think I'll have time to get too worried.
    I typed this lot and thought oh no what have I let myself in for, but the thing is I want to do it. And I will.

When I was about 20 which was many, many, many years ago I went to America on my own. I was going to stay with friends in Utah and had to change flights in Seattle. I missed my connecting flight and had to spend the night alone in Seattle (reminds me of Sleepless in Seattle ) I was fine then..no panic at all, totally chilled! If it happened now I would need a box of Diazepam!

only a BOX, Annie???? I was thinking more like a shed-load?

Il be thinking about you on that day tessar
    I was once coming back from an holiday in Turkey. It was a night flight and most of the passengers were asleep including my daughter and hubby. I thought id seen a flash of lightening and must have looked scared. The man the other side of the isle must have noticed and asked me if I was ok to which I just shook my head. He then grabbed old of my hand and held until I looked calmed. He was a good looking man and trust me it was the best flight ive ever had!

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information