Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can IBS happen everyday

Can IBS happen everyday

Okay so I'm worried again I've posted a few times have self diagnosed as ibs. I had a good day I come home eat dinner relax for a couple of hours and all of the sudden I get nauseas feel like I have to go to the bathroom but can't. I can have 1 hour of feeling good all the way up to 4 days (longest recently) feeling good. I may get stomach ache gas nausea backache hip pain fissure may flair up and I'm mired back in the evil thought that suck the will to live out of me.

What I don't get is could this be the dreaded c or wouldn't I just get worse?
    Why am I scared to go to the doc?
    Why do I care if I'm beaten into a shell of a human?
    If this is life why do I want to live?
    Why can't I sleep if I'm so tired?

I'm adding on here but I was also wondering how long an ibs attack can last. I've been fighting this for about 3 months or more. Trying to piece the timing together. It seems I've had this issue a lot longer than I have been worrying about it. I just put it off as another upset stomach,constipation,diarrhea. This does not want to go away.

Not that I wish this on anyone but I'm hoping someone,anyone will tell me they have dealt with or are dealing with this long term. (Flare up)

Little freaked out going to my doc tomorrow and I know he will suggest colonoscopy but I go into a full blown panic when I think about it. I mean I hyperventilate and damn near pass out if I dwell on it

---------- Post added 06-03-13 at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was 05-03-13 at 22:14 ----------

Someone please answer
    Last edited by justice38; 06-03-13 at 07:40. Reason: More info

Re: Can IBS happen everyday

Can someone please respond?

I have diiahorrea every day and after numerous visits to my gp she sent me for a referral sheffelt that it was anxiety....I had a sigmoidoscopy and the consultant told me ibs. ..I do still worry that I have diahorrea daily but I think the anxiety does add to it...Go and have a chat with your g p about your concerns :-)

Thanks for the reply. Just need someone to relate. This is the loneliest I've ever felt for some weird reason

I have ibs constantly but mine alternates between diarrhea and constipation.

Do you have trouble dealing with this mentally?

I think some times it makes my anxiety worse as I don't like eating out in case I need to run to the loo after or I need to know if we are going to be near toilets just in case :(

I have the same. I've had it since last June, and the doctor still hasn't confirmed it's IBS, but I've had every test under the sun that has ruled everything else out. I'm in my last year at uni and the stress is unbelievable. My stomach is constantly gurgling and I have to run out of the classroom sometimes, which is so embarrassing. It makes me feel embarrassed, angry, upset, depressed, everything. So you are definitely not alone!

I've only had IBS symptoms for a few weeks now and been diagnosed as such but for me I get no constipation or diarrhea but I do get daily intermittent abdominal pains, constant abdominal distention even if I've not eaten for ages and a nauseous sick feeling when I need to make a bowel movement.

What is this? Did people through history have this? I can't imagine that the Explorers and conquer era of this world curled up and cried over stuff like this. Is IBS a new thing. If it is what causes it.

I don't consider myself as a person who would have this. I always thought that people who were emotional were weak in some way. I apologize to all who have gone through health anxiety and continue to gut it out daily. I don't know if just anyone can take this stuff.

My new saying will be health anxiety is not for sissies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information