Thread: bbc panic room is anyone going for it

bbc panic room is anyone going for it

Hi

I have been in contact with Emma on the bbc because although i am frightening to death, i am hoping to be sorted out, will try anything to get out of this state. Also i think the public should be more aware to our problems, i have people accuse me of making it up cause im lazy. I am far from lazy and if they had been there in one of my panic attacks they would know, i think these sort of programs are good for public awareness.

I have the bbc coming to my house today to interview us to see if we are suitable, i will let you know how i got on.

I notice noone else has replied to the bbc post i just woundered if anyone else was going for it and if not why.

Thanks suzanne

s shaw

Hi Suzanne,

Im pleased to hear you have put your name down for the BBC Panic room programme, you go for it !
    If it wasnt for my husband i would have applied too. I am all for getting what help you can. I have never been ashamed of telling anyone that i suffer with agorophobia,most people know my sittuation where i live, but my husband i feel is a little embarressed to tell anyone. None of his friends no about my agorophobia and i know he wouldnt want me put on TV for that reason. I geuss its a little selfish of him.

I think its lovely that you have volunteered, and if you have support from your family, you go for it !!

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Suzanne[8D]

I am considering it!! I have contacted emma too and have emailed her my details so hopefully she will be in touch to discuss it.
    I need help with my major driving issues, my main problem has been for the past year as last October I had a random panic attack whilst driving at night so since then, night-time driving has been a major ordeal.

But to be honest I have always had issues with driving- I will not go on motorways, or new journeys and I am an awful passenger to have in the car so if I did take part in the programme I am hoping that it would help me with all aspects of my driving, not just my issues with driving at night (which is what originally brought me to this site just under a year ago)

I do worry a little about people I know/have known in the past seeing it, as I guess not everyone would understand what having a phobia/panic issue is like, but what the hell- who cares?! x

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

Update

The bbc came to see me and my family yesterday, they were here for 2 1/2 hours, they interveiwed me then my partner and 15 year old daughter, they then took footage of my house, each room.

It was explained to me that the footage and interviews would now be shown to the producer. They are filming people all over the country and the most extreme and deserving cases get through to receive the treatment. I will have to wait to see if i am put forward.

The two ladies that came to see us were really lovely, they made us feel at ease and comfortable with the situation. I wasnt abit panicky.

The show is a 6 part series covering all aspects of panic,phobia and ocd and will be shown i beleive in November on bbc3 on thurdays at 9pm, it takes over a show called Honey we are killing the kids.

If anyone else is interested then pm me for any information if you dont want to email the bbc.

Take care
    Suzanne

s shaw

Hi

Just a quick update.

Emma Young from the bbc contacted me yesterday, to let me know i wasnt successful in making it on the show, i wasnt extreme enough and was already on the road to recovery.

I didnt really want to be on tv but if it mean a cure i was prepared to go for it, i am very didappointed and feel the light at the end of the tunnel has now gone out.

Back to square one, its only myself that help cure me, so im going to try.

The only good thing i feel is that there are people who are worse than me out there and they will receive the treatment. I hope it works for them

Take care suzanne

s shaw

Hi everyone

I've emailed Panic Room with a view to going on the programme. I may not be seen as 'extreme' enough whatever that means but I can say that I have no life as such and live in a constant state of anxiety and fear.

Thread Information