Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long is it safe to take Zopiclone for

How long is it safe to take Zopiclone for

I have been taking it for 11 days to help me sleep whilst I weaned myself of Mirtazapine.
    I have half a 7.5mg tablet left. Will I get withdrawals after this short a time?
    I didn't realize they are so addictive when I bought them

Re: How long is it safe to take Zopiclone for

I used them for a month and I found it hard to sleep at the end of that time - I spoke to my doctor who gave me some 3.75mg tablets and I gradually weaned myself off them by first taking these, then halving them, and then further breaking them up until I was taking a tiny crumb. I think after about three weeks I was able to sleep without any. Wean off is the key

"What you resist, persists." - C. G. Jung

I only have half left. Oh dear. Ive been on 7.5mg for about 5 days the rest of the time was half a tablet. Thankfully Im only in work tomorrow then Ive got all weekend off. Hopefully that'll be enough for to recover as I didnt get them from my doctor

I too have taking these on and off now since end of Dec, not every night but maybe 2 in a row. In between I either had ativax (sedating antihistamine) or nothing. On the days I have nothing I can't sleep,my mind is so active It won't shut off
    Last 2 nights I've had nothing and slept awful ist night woke 4/5 times and last night was still awake from 11pm till 4.20am got 3hrs wide awake 7am. I am shattered.

Don't know if its antidepressant doing this or the sleeping tablets that's sent it like this
    Tbh though I've never slept through for many years but never ever like this.

I hope you get well soon. For the past 7 years I have been relying on Cannabis to sleep
    which I still am unfortunately. I was on Citalopram which cured it for a while but a relapse messed that up. I ended up back on Citalopram but never got back to as well as I was. The docs suggested I try Mirtazapine but it made me look like Mitchellin man and stopped working. So I'm back on Citalopram and when I tried weaning off Mirt I couldnt sleep. After a while I came up with the brilliant idea of ordering Zopiclone. After reading up a lot it doesn't seem like such a great idea. It is psychological with me definitely. We'll just have to hope I get through this weekend. I kind of think 11 days probably isn't long enough to cause to much trouble. But with me I never know.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clio51 View Post
    I too have taking these on and off now since end of Dec, not every night but maybe 2 in a row. In between I either had ativax (sedating antihistamine) or nothing. On the days I have nothing I can't sleep,my mind is so active It won't shut off
    Last 2 nights I've had nothing and slept awful ist night woke 4/5 times and last night was still awake from 11pm till 4.20am got 3hrs wide awake 7am. I am shattered.

Don't know if its antidepressant doing this or the sleeping tablets that's sent it like this
    Tbh though I've never slept through for many years but never ever like this.
    What ADs are you on?
    Sorry if the grammar and spelling is bad in my last post I typed it on my phone

I'm on venlafaxine 150mg

I took zopiclone few days ago for 5 days in row to see if I could get in a sleep pattern again. That's why I haven't slept for 2 days properly.

So don't know how you will go on, time will tell

Isnt that an SNRI? I think its supposed to be very stimulating. Maybe see your doctor about that. I know 3 cups of coffee with me is enough to send me loopy

Seeing mental health worker today2.30 yes it's an snri, don't now about it being stimulating.

I know its Wikipedia but thats where I read it.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on

Well... I had half a Zopiclone on thursday and slept Ok if a little restlessly and non last night and slep fine. I did have 6 Coors lite cans though. Feel fine today, maybe slightly hung over from the beer. Maybe 11 days wasnt long enough to to matter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information