Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Dangers of SSRIs

Re: Dangers of SSRIs

Been reading through this thread again as I am thinking about going back on meds. I really wanted to avoid going back on an SSRI but I don't think I can cope without them.

I have just read so much on these meds now it worries me what they do to the brain. I have read to much for my own good.

My doctor has prescribed me Paroxetine this time and from what I have read it is the hardest SSRI to come off with terrible withdrawal symptoms.

I may one day have to face up to the fact that I may have to stay on one of these meds for life but my plan for now is to try once more to spend a year or so on a med and hopefully create new positive pathways and thoughts in my brain and then be able to come off the meds without relapsing. Thats if I find a med that actually works for me.

Has anyone actually been on these meds for more than a year and managed to come off and stay off without problems eg relapsing or having neurological problems, memory problems etc?

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Anyone?
    Last edited by Gotagetthroughthis; 11-08-13 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Been reading through this thread again as I am thinking about going back on meds. I really wanted to avoid going back on an SSRI but I don't think I can cope without them.

I have just read so much on these meds now it worries me what they do to the brain. I have read to much for my own good.

My doctor has prescribed me Paroxetine this time and from what I have read it is the hardest SSRI to come off with terrible withdrawal symptoms.

I may one day have to face up to the fact that I may have to stay on one of these meds for life but my plan for now is to try once more to spend a year or so on a med and hopefully create new positive pathways and thoughts in my brain and then be able to come off the meds without relapsing. Thats if I find a med that actually works for me.

Has anyone actually been on these meds for more than a year and managed to come off and stay off without problems eg relapsing or having neurological problems, memory problems etc?

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Anyone?
    You could post a question in the Paroxetine forum?

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey Pip,

Yea I will post in the Paroxetine forum at some point. Just wanted to find out if many people have successfully come off meds and stayed off without problems so thought id ask in here first.

I will make a thread and ask if I have no luck in this one

Unfortunately I haven't been able to come off of anti-depressants without there being problems, normally I've ended up with a depressive episode and twice had to go into hospital.

I've since been told that I will have to always be on anti-depressants in order to keep me as well as possible.

Of course, this is not to say that the anti-depressants have caused this problem or if it's a problem within myself, who knows really.

But equally, I'm sure there are millions of people worldwide that have successfully managed to stop taking them without any problems at all

Hi AuntieMoosie,

How long were you on anti depressants before you first tried to come off if you don't mind me asking?

It's usually been about a year I think, if I can remember rightly as it's a long time ago now

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMoosie View Post
    It's usually been about a year I think, if I can remember rightly as it's a long time ago now
    Thanks . Its looking very much like a will be going back on them. Now I have to decided which 1. I think its down to Fluoxetine/Prozac or Paroxetine/Paxil.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information