Thread: Accepting

Accepting

How do you accept this condition? Sometimes I see and read things about the best way to get over this is by accepting and embracing these feelings. I have a real hard time doing this when I am scared to death and feel so horrible! Does this actually work when all you want to do is crumble?

Re: Accepting

i have read lots books in the end the cure was in every one is to accept but i am like you way to afraid not to fight and flee from it wish i could do this as like i said most books all say the same just in diffrent ways so that as to be the answer i guess if it was as easy as it sounds none of us would be on here do you take meds i dont to afraid of side effects take care trish x

In CBT they do teach you to accept, let the feelings wash over you and get on with your life............... BUT, it is so hard when the things you fear most in your life are those feelings of utter terror that accompany a panic attack. If you find out how to do it, please let me know.x

BobbyDog

i think the first thing that you need to do to start to accept it is to fully believe that it aint harmful or bad for you, if you truly believe that it aint harmful at all (which it aint) than you will embrace it, thus reducing it, etc.

do you try to stop or cure coughing or worry about hiccups?? no you dont, because you know they aint dangerous........

so why try to stop/worry/find a cure for panic when that aint dangerous??

thetube82

Quote Originally Posted by thetube82 View Post
    i think the first thing that you need to do to start to accept it is to fully believe that it aint harmful or bad for you, if you truly believe that it aint harmful at all (which it aint) than you will embrace it, thus reducing it, etc.

do you try to stop or cure coughing or worry about hiccups?? no you dont, because you know they aint dangerous........

so why try to stop/worry/find a cure for panic when that aint dangerous??

thetube82
    Hopefully I will get to that point, thanks

To be honest, i'd never believed it. But I made a breakthrough yesterday, was running a bath and I had the familiar feeling, so I just sort of said okay, if ima have a panic attack then fine. Bring it on. Concentrated on deep breathing and everything, and it went away and I didn't have one.
    I was in my own home though, i'm not saying it'd work for me if I was outside.
    But yeah, I do think acceptance is a big part of it xx

Thread Information