Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: happy mothers day

happy mothers day

Hi guys happy mothers day,what are you doing anything special.I went to gala bingo last night with my daughter and daughter in law.only won a fiver had to share with someone else.still it was a night out.this afternoon I got my son,daughter in law,and 2 grandchildren coming.my one daughter brought me a large basket of fruit,granddaughter gave me a lovely basket of flowers,other daughter gave me a dvd,CD,box of prawns and buying me a meal tonight.other 2 son's?.what ever you are doing have a good day.x

things happen for a reason,but we do not always agree.

medication im on
    Doxazosin,bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure.
    levothyroxine,for thyoids.
    pregabalin, for panic/depression. Fibromyalgia
    amitriptyline,for rheumatoid arthritis in feet.

Re: happy mothers day

I was abandoned at birth,something i may have mentioned before and adopted at 6 weeks old as an only child.

I lost my Mum, as that was she always will be, when I was in my twenties, and i have no shame to say I think of her nearly every day even though it is the best part of 40 years ago.
    I don't have to tell my children now not to forget this day as mum's do so much for their kids from being a baby,through childhood and adolescence and beyond.

It's always a sad day for me but I still have happy memories to reflect upon.

My children got me a teddy bear and a card (although it was hubby really as my two are too young to go shopping!). I will be taking my daughter to see my mum in a bit while my son has his nap at home with hubby.

I lost my own Mum twenty five years ago to MND. She was sixty one when she died. I loved her dearly and still think of her. My own son has bought me a card and flowers.I love him dearly. EJ

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I was abandoned at birth,something i may have mentioned before and adopted at 6 weeks old as an only child.

I lost my Mum, as that was she always will be, when I was in my twenties, and i have no shame to say I think of her nearly every day even though it is the best part of 40 years ago.
    I don't have to tell my children now not to forget this day as mum's do so much for their kids from being a baby,through childhood and adolescence and beyond.

It's always a sad day for me but I still have happy memories to reflect upon.
    Sorry Ricardo if I upset you putting this on,hope you are ok.x

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    My children got me a teddy bear and a card (although it was hubby really as my two are too young to go shopping!). I will be taking my daughter to see my mum in a bit while my son has his nap at home with hubby.
    Cattia,I think that's really thoughtful of your husband,that's what we used to do 40years ago until the children was old enough to go to the shops and choose their own present.hubby still paying.have a good day yourself.x

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJane View Post
    I lost my own Mum twenty five years ago to MND. She was sixty one when she died. I loved her dearly and still think of her. My own son has bought me a card and flowers.I love him dearly. EJ
    Elizabethjane,I'm sorry this does not seam a good idea now putting this on.I was just thinking that everyone was like me excited.flowers certainly brightens up the room.have a good day.x

medication im on

To all the wonderful mums, adoptive mums, foster mums, and stand-in mums... Happy Mother's Day

I'm spending mine with my mum, sister and our families...

Quote Originally Posted by spottitchsam View Post
    Sorry Ricardo if I upset you putting this on,hope you are ok.x

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Cattia,I think that's really thoughtful of your husband,that's what we used to do 40years ago until the children was old enough to go to the shops and choose their own present.hubby still paying.have a good day yourself.x

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Elizabethjane,I'm sorry this does not seam a good idea now putting this on.I was just thinking that everyone was like me excited.flowers certainly brightens up the room.have a good day.x
    Dear Jean don't feel bad about the thread. We all have memories of our Mums even the absent ones. Some of us are still hurting but we are survivors. Mothering Sunday is just a painful reminder. It also reminds me of the years of infertility that I endured I have moved on. It is ok to remember even if the memories are painful ones. EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Sue View Post
    To all the wonderful mums, adoptive mums, foster mums, and stand-in mums... Happy Mother's Day

I'm spending mine with my mum, sister and our families...
    Daisy Sue,have a good day.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Elizabetyjane,thanks for reply,x

medication im on

My mum lives in Kent and I live near London so I haven't been able to see her today, not even my mother-in-law too because my partner and I have had such a busy week. My mum is bringing my nan and best friend up tomorrow so we can all have a coffee out, hopefully we can see my MIL next week at some point too.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie1989 View Post
    My mum lives in Kent and I live near London so I haven't been able to see her today, not even my mother-in-law too because my partner and I have had such a busy week. My mum is bringing my nan and best friend up tomorrow so we can all have a coffee out, hopefully we can see my MIL next week at some point too.
    Rennie looks like you are in for a good week of entertaining.have a good time.x

medication im on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information